The Blue Wall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 16, 2011.

1. The mainstream GOP is now firing on Newt with both barrels.

Could it be because they understand this?

http://i.usatoday.net/news/TheOval/National-Journal-1-16-2009.pdf

State by state, election by election, Democrats since 1992 have methodically
    constructed the party’s largest and most durable Electoral College base in
    more than half a century. Call it the blue wall.
    after Barack obama’s sweeping victory in November, 18 states
    the District of Columbia have now voted for the Democratic nominee
    in at least the past five presidential elections. the last time Democrats won that
    many states so consistently was from 1932 to 1948, when Franklin roosevelt
    and Harry truman won 22 states in five consecutive
    presidential races.
    together, D.C. and these 18 contemporary Demo_
    cratic strongholds—running up the East Coast
    from Maryland through Maine, through the upper
    Midwest, and down along the Pacific Coast—are worth
    a combined 248 Electoral College votes. that’s more
    than 90 percent of the 270 votes required to win the
    presidency. although republicans have come close to
    capturing some of these states since the Democratic
    streak began in 1992, particularly when President
    Bush won re_election in 2004, the Democratic hold

2. Max E.

Max E.

Isnt this the same kind of rhetoric dems were using when Obama first won in 2008, right before they took the biggest ass whipping in close to 100 years in 2010? I seem to recall Carvile saying that the democrats were going to be in control for 40 years, and instead they didnt even maintain control past the next mid term election.

Quite frankly if you believe that this election is a lock for Obama you are an idiot. I would put him at about 55-60% favourite right now.

3. pspr

pspr

That's from January 2009 around the time Ovomit was being sworn in. It's not relevant today. The herd has stopped running toward Obama and has collectively said, 'Huh?'.

4. While I do prize historical trends, I truly believe we have entered a new era of awakening and understanding in America. Now more than ever, citizens are waking up to the fact that neither party represents them...and they are deserting their political parties in droves. The democrats are actually losing more people than the republicans:
    ---

President Obama’s uphill battle to re-election is getting steeper.
    A report released today by the centrist think-tank Third Way showed that more than 825,000 voters in eight key battleground states have fled the Democratic Party since Obama won election in 2008.
    “The numbers show that Democrats’ path to victory just got harder,” said Lanae Erickson, the report’s co-author. “We are seeing both an increase in independents and a decrease in Democrats and that means the coalition they have to assemble is going to rely even more on independents in 2012 than it did in 2008.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/voters-flee-democratic-party-in-key-swing-states/

So, while the two party duopoly's unabashed support for all things corporate (and no things we the people), have affected both parties, dems seem to be taking the worst of it.

And democrats better hope and pray Newt gets the nod because if Ron Paul does, Obama might as well not even show up to the debates.

5. Ron Paul will not get the nod:(

We all know why.

6. They said the same thing about Reagan. However, if you think Ron Paul won't get the nod because of his foreign policy stance, I would invite you to take a look at his most recent "money bomb".

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

He's raised over 3.3 million dollars in just over 24 hours. I believe this is his best single day of fundraising this cycle, and comes right after the Neocon ministry of Propaganda (that's Fox News btw), tried to lampoon him on Iran. So you're to the left of Obama, So you're to the left of Obama?!?!

We can all stop speculating in about one months time when voters begin to cast votes. Even intrade now has Paul as the odds on favorite to win in Iowa. He is continuing to gain ground in all of the early primary states, the establishment GOP has no one to put up against him, so I think it's even money at this point.

7. Im cynical in my old age DAS.

Paul is anti-establishment. He will not win.

I took each clip of this video and found the origins. When I was done. I got a fifth, drank it. And accepted the NWO.

I wish, deeply, that someone would come along and say, this is how we can win.

It is why I am soooo caustic and partisan on these boards. I know that it does not really matter.

So, take this video DAS, tear it apart and debunk it. It would make my day.:)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRLPG_HplrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. The Rise of Obama......7.39

9. Cynicism, in this day and age, can easily be understood. It's not a lock by any stretch but no one can stop an idea who's time has come. If they defeat Ron Paul, and he goes by the wayside, we have Rand or Gary to take up the mantle.

The tide has already turned and Americans are waking up. Unfortunately, we are in for some serious pain either way.