The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 13, 2010.

1. http://www.pjtv.com/video/Afterburn...ots_&_Tyrants:_The_Tea_Party's_Founders/3353/

Excellent little 9 minute video of what the founding fathers believed.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

“Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.” -George Washington

2. Blotto

Blotto

I'd like to watch it, but when I click your link I get a video of a smartarse lecturing me about subscribing to his website, and making jokes in ill taste about operating the computer with one hand. At that point I switched off...

3. Yeah unfortunately there is a small advert right before the video. I tried to find a youtube video of the same video,but one hasnt been uploaded yet, so you are forced to watch the advertisement if you want to watch the video. :(

4. Blotto

Blotto

I see. It appeared that they wanted me to subscribe before they would allow me to watch the video, at which point I switched off. Thanks for posting it - the quotes above are interesting, but sadly lost on the 99%...

… Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses

-- Juvenal, Satire, X 77–81

5. fhl

fhl

The question is, when the founders said that the blood of patriots and tyrants would be required to refresh the tree of liberty, why do people think they can refresh the tree in some other way? How is electing a new congressman going to refresh the tree? How is electing a new president going to refresh the tree?

I think the founders new what they were talking about. Unless there's blood, we're only talking about degrees of freedom here. Or loss of freedom. Either we become slaves to the gov't in plain sight under the democrats or we get the boiled frog approach under the republicans.

6. Yes, if a man has the fear of being killed for his decisions he is going to make sure he makes very little decisions concerning the people. He is going to let the people create their own lives and help each other and not depend on the government. But if you tax people 35% of their income, you have to give them what they want or they will revolt anyway. No way can you tax so much from people and not get anything in return. I think a 5% tax is fair. Everyone pays no matter how much or how little you make. No loopholes. That pays for a small military to protect us from invasion. No bases in every country in the world and soon our enemies will not bother with us because we dont get into their affairs. I believe in open borders too if the government gets smaller. No need to worry about illegals milking the system if their is no system to help them. They will work or starve. This country was built up great by immigrants. It could be great again.

7. You dont have to subscribe. It will play automatically after the advert.

8. Ever heard that the workplace is not a democracy? All this shit pertains to the private sector only double.