the bloggers dream!

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by andrasnm, Apr 6, 2009.

1. robparis

robparis

I'm not naive enough to assume that these sites are popping up to serve the community. They're popping up to make money.

But they also help fill a void in the market. I don't want to (nor could I) go out and recruit my own advertisers . AdSense or others do it for me and that's why they get their cut.

#11     Apr 6, 2009
  2. it is not trading related.....

#12     Apr 6, 2009
  3. Damn straight! Dos Equis, Shiner Bock, and LoneStar (cuz we gotta drink the home brewed stuff here in God's Country!)

#13     Apr 6, 2009
  4. Most pro sites/blogs have a place for advertisers , if your content is good (and that is a big IF) and people come to you and you grow in visitors/hits people will come to you with ad proposals. BUT if you do it like the thousands of "bloggers" who piggy back on existing sites you have no chance from the get go....that'a all I have to say on this. I am not here to convince you but I am a internet pro (even when I was in the biz) I mostly did DB/Net work. (I worked on Schwab's site Dean witter MS, etc et but really, what YOU do with your blog is really no concern to me. My way is some work and obviously some doing (need hosting/name and of course the ambition to make it etc)

#14     Apr 6, 2009
  5. robparis

robparis

I understand your point and I appreciate the advice. I think for now I'll stick with what I have until I get better at producing the content. Then, if I can do that, maybe I'll make the move.

Thanks for the advice!

#15     Apr 6, 2009