The bitter truth about Patak Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gmst, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Correct me if I am wrong, but that webpage is not on their "published" website. It isn't even included on their site map: http://www.topsteptrader.com/TsTSiteMap

If that is the fact, then that link would have to been provided from someone connected to TsT since it looks like it is a private link. Again, please correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps walk me through finding that link on their website.

#51     Aug 30, 2012
  2. gmst

gmst

Thanks, so this information is directly at odds with the information in their PDF. Not sure which one is correct.

LF - I asked you before. Let me ask you again. You know I mean no disrespect. I just want everyone to realize how hard the bar is!

Do you think you can achieve a PF > 2.14 on every 20 trading day basis. Do you think you will be able to achieve a net 3 month PF >4 or so.

If you follow my logic and my calculations in my post#4 on this thread, you will understand that why above questions are the crux here. Anyone who can't achieve these numbers, will not get into live trading. Cheers.

#52     Aug 30, 2012
  3. lindq

lindq

This thread was clearly started as a personal attack on Maverick and his credibility and professionalism, and he has been far too patient in responding to you.

Because Maverick is a licensed professional, and because of the nature of your attacks in a public forum, my advice to him would be to seek you out and file a suit against you for libel.

Only your sincerest apology on this thread should keep him from doing so.

#53     Aug 30, 2012
  4. What PF would you require to put YOUR money on the line with a trader?

#54     Aug 30, 2012
  5. gmst

gmst

You can't read!!! I have already said multiple times in this thread that I will do a public apology to Maverick if I am wrong about him. I even wrote this to him on PM.

After that, I have said multiple times that topic of discussion on this thread is not Maverick but Patak. But the problem is poster after poster keeps coming in and dragging Maverick back into this thread, saying how great a person Maverick is. People used to say even more great things about MFG, PFG, Madoff et all. They were also honorable people in their time. Again, I am not comparing Maverick with Madoff or anyone else, I am just demonstrating logical fallacies in your and others arguments.

What is truly amazing is that no poster wants to challenge me on my numbers and logic!!!

I throw the gauntlet down to you SIR, Challenge me on my numbers and logic and prove me wrong about what I have said regarding Patak.

#55     Aug 30, 2012
  6. gmst

gmst

Thank you very much for making a sane response and moving the thread away from Maverick! I appreciate it.

In my own strategies, I strive to achieve annual PF > 2 for last 7years or more in historical backtesting and at least 1-1.5 yrs of forward testing. But I have a strategy where PF = 1.57 over last 8 years and I am very happy with it. So, minimum I want personally is 1.5 over multi year period.

Over a multi year period ofcourse means that there would be at least 1-3 negative months per year. Negative month means at least in that month, PF <1.

#56     Aug 30, 2012
  7. Yes, I think I can pass the combine. After passing the Combine, there are no profit objectives.

I just talked to Michael Patak and he will post here later tonight or tomorrow to clear up the confusion.

Also, it appears that Maverick have been wrong about one thing in his earlier posts:

If you get put back on the Combine after getting funded, you DON`T have to make up your losses when you go back live. You start with a clean slate!

#57     Aug 30, 2012
  8. Did you find that link to the President's letter on the website...or is it a private link?

#58     Aug 30, 2012
  9. I did not look. Why does it matter?

#59     Aug 30, 2012
  10. Kudos to Maverick for being a gentlemen.

I think this thread reads more like the bitter truth of a losing trader than any real charge against the prop firm where OP would not be able to succeed.

"But I'm just out to protect the 90%"........

Whatever.

There is no such thing as something for nothing. You have to believe to succeed.

OP, why should any prop firm help you?

Based on your attitude in this thread you come across as high risk, low reward individual. Quick to lash out when things don't go well, slow to provide any support or encouragement.

#60     Aug 30, 2012