The Billion $$$ Quest 2007

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ripley, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Good luck to you Ripley, I honestly do wish you all the best in your quest . phil

#41     Nov 13, 2006
  2. Here's the thing. I think that Ripley is just a bit too fascinated with himself. He only speaks in extremes, whatever those extremes may be. I think that the work required is far too mundane for someone who seems to equate self-actualization with attention-seeking behavior. Indeed it is possible that Ripley will become a rich man one day. However, based on his bombast, I don't think that's how the smart money would bet.

#42     Nov 13, 2006
  3. I just don't know what to say. Since I am so enthralled in the PROCESS of things as opposed to what or who or what ifs, it wouldn't really matter one way or the other for me to post the ACTUAL numbers. And pleasing others is the last thing that I worry about that you can count on me that the numbers will be real.

Laters..

#43     Nov 13, 2006
  4. In your first post, you wrote that a portion of the $50k was essentially loaned to you or invested with you. (I'm not sure which.) Forgive me, but if you came across to your "investors" as you come across here, then I find that $50k claim rather difficult to believe. I'm guessing that I'm not alone. Therefore, any other claims that you plan to make in the future, numeric or otherwise, will also likely encounter some resistance.

#44     Nov 13, 2006
  5. Yea... I cannot believe YOU either.

Would you bet $10,000 with Soros, Buffett, Paul Jones, Simons etc when they got started?? You wouldn't and its not your fault. Most people wouldn't.

It would take an EXTRAORDINARY person to see brillance where most others see nothing.

#45     Nov 13, 2006
  6. Are you suggesting that you possess such "brilliance?" I guess that I'm just not EXTRAORDINARY enough to see it.

Also, I'm guessing that the people you refer to came across somewhat differently than you do. I further suspect that they expended actual effort apart from posting silly nonsense.

You never did answer that maroon question.

#46     Nov 13, 2006
  7. I've just been lurking here, and didn't see where there was a plan of some sort outlined. It's actually nice to see such enthusiasm for a trading project, but I just wondered where and how Mr. Ripley plans on trading? What instruments?

Just curious:confused:

c

#47     Nov 13, 2006
  8. #48     Nov 13, 2006
  9. Yeah.. that's exactly what I am saying.

I am sure they will make a thread about how exactly they are going to make money.

Na.. Blue is my favorite color. Is that the right answer? did I win something?

#49     Nov 13, 2006
  10. Various instruments. Mostly futures and currencies.

#50     Nov 13, 2006