The Billion $$$ Quest 2007

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ripley, Nov 11, 2006.

1. I had the right idea even then.. But, I think I tried to play for the sake of playing.. trading little bit too much. But, I have identified a way to counteract that by taking bigger positions during the critical parts of the day. It is not how much you trade.. but WHERE & WHEN you trade that matters.

#11     Nov 11, 2006
  2. I have a fairly similar target as yours, almost every year. :D

#12     Nov 11, 2006
  3. Everyone knows that. Its not a matter of knowing but doing. And sizing up to much larger positions is a very difficult thing to do. Especially if you werent successful w/ smaller positions.

I think you are getting way ahead of yourself, you are thinking way too large for your current skill level. Baby steps, my friend, baby steps. Rome wasnt built in a day.

#13     Nov 11, 2006
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Assuming that this thread is not a joke, there is a big probability that you will lose the stake again. Title of your your thread says it all.

Rent a movie "Rounders" and take a look what happenned to the guy when he concentrated on $ too much.

#14     Nov 11, 2006
  5. You can lie with numbers. Everything has 2 sides to it. Just like most of the trading quotes can be applied just the opposite.

Some say, Diversification is GOOD, but others say Diversification is BAD. Its all how you look at it. Some see 51% full while others see 49% empty. Just like LET WINNERS RUN, and some say, HOW LONG?...

It all matters as to how skilled and experienced you are and doing what you believe in to get things done.

#15     Nov 11, 2006
  6. now that u got 50k and can go past the pdt are u gonna smarten up and trade stocks or will u stick to futs? i mean u said uself futures are too efficent to be profited from.

wish u well

#16     Nov 11, 2006
  7. mjh

mjh

You have 1600 posts as I write this. Maybe yopu should cut down on your ET time and focus more on your trading. Remember.........
    FOCUS spelled backwards is SUCOF and if you don't focus that's what you'll be doing to earn a living LOL!

Good Luck to you.

#17     Nov 11, 2006
  8. LOL, very clever :D

#18     Nov 11, 2006
  9. the only way your hands won't be weak is if you don't overleverage, decide maximum risk per trade, set wide enough stops before entry, and even better scale in gradually to full size trade level to account for perfect entry issues.

otoh, scalpers face another issue entirely (you need a solid edge to scalp).

#19     Nov 12, 2006
  10. So you don't need an edge to swing trade?

#20     Nov 12, 2006