The Bill to re-instate the draft now in Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by K.C., Apr 20, 2004.

1. K.C.

K.C.

http://congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billnum=S.89&congress=108

Universal National Service Act of 2003 (Introduced in Senate)
    S 89 IS
    108th CONGRESS
    1st Session
    S. 89
    To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

SEC. 2. NATIONAL SERVICE OBLIGATION.
    (a) OBLIGATION FOR YOUNG PERSONS- It is the obligation of every citizen of the United States, and every other person residing in the United States, who is between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a period of national service as prescribed in this Act unless exempted under the provisions of this Act.

SEC. 3. TWO-YEAR PERIOD OF NATIONAL SERVICE.
    (a) GENERAL RULE- Except as otherwise provided in this section, the period of national service performed by a person under this Act shall be two years.

SEC. 10. REGISTRATION OF FEMALES UNDER THE MILITARY SELECTIVE SERVICE ACT.
    (a) REGISTRATION REQUIRED- Section 3(a) of the Military Selective Service Act (50 U.S.C. 453(a))

2. AC3

AC3

Charlie Rangel et al can come eat my ass b4 I sign on for that .... isnt it obvious to anyone w/ a brainwave that this douche is bringing this out 2 recruit those from south of the border 2 become nice voting citizens (in his district).... what crap ...... sign on and spend some quality time in Iraq

3. K.C.

K.C.

I suggest you read the whole thing. Nobody will be asking you to sign on.

4. I wonder what Gordon Gekko, Aphexcoil, and few others of drafting age, will have to say, if it passes and they get drafted, shipped off to Iraq......... :( :( :( Now you will have your chance to"shoot em up" and tell em up close and personal "bring it on"

No offense folks, but it would be well deserved if all the warmongering chickenhawks of appropriate age here, are sent draft papers. Then come and post your thoughts. :D :D :D

your blood for scumya's and cabal oil.. a good trade?:confused: :confused:

5. For once I'm glad I'm 47! :D