The Bill to re-instate the draft now in Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by K.C., Apr 20, 2004.

1. K.C.

K.C.

2. when the chickenhawks actually perform their obligation to the country (and no, running for congress to get your corporate friends some pork DOES NOT count), THEN i'll support the draft...

3. "...........Amends the Military Selective Service Act to authorize the military registration of females........"

might need to let ole ernest hollings know how we feel about this:

http://congress.org/congressorg/bio/?id=528

4. jasper6

jasper6

It'll be a cold day in hell before I let this fascist regime turn my kids into cannon fodder.

Wake up people! Do you really want your American children dying in the sand for the sake of Israel, Oil and Empire?

5. well said.

6. 1 Question Jasper,
    If there was no war going on right now, how would you fell about the draft? ( as it relates to your children )

7. K.C.

K.C.

I just hope you noticed it was introduced by Democrats.

8. jasper6

jasper6

I'm a Libertarian. I have an equally dim view of Democrats and Republicans. I think one of the worst things in the US is the absolute control of the political process by these two parties.

If all of the energy that is wasted on partisanship was directed toward actually fixing the problems in the US, this would be a lot better country.

I think there are a lot of people like me in America. People who just want to be left alone. People who accept personal responsibility for their own lives and actions. People who want to be free from other people's religion. People who are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. People who don't care what their neighbor is doing down the street as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. People who believe in truth over propaganda. People who believe that the government works for them and not the other way around.

9. Yes, there are many of us. However most lack the integrity to just vote Libertarian, instead of picking the lesser of two evils.

10. Cutten

Cutten

I thought the US had abolished slavery?

#10     Apr 21, 2004