The bill has passed in Wisconsin: Collective Bargaining is Dead for Public Employees

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Mar 9, 2011.

1. And this type of reactionary behavior is why conservatives are collective dead ducks.

#41     Mar 10, 2011
  2. They said the same thing out here in California when talk of recalling Grey Davis was governor.

You don't understand the political winds. The winds blow in one direction, then they blow in the other direction.

I know republicans are celebrating like high school cheerleaders after a win...but a battle was won, and not a war.

What energized the base in 2008 for Obama?

Bush. Obama was elected simply because people were tired of the horrific job of Bush, just as it is possible that people will vote in any republican out of impatience or disgust with Obama.

What ignorant people don't understand is that elections are won in the middle. The extreme right and left cancel each other out, and you are left with the middle, who will vote either republican or democrat based on many factors.

Walker is a boob. Chris Christie was smart enough to see what was happening in Wisconsin, and backed off. He knows the political landscape much better, understands the way in which populist movements go, understand there are new voters all the time, young folks who tend to vote for progressives.

Many people will look at what happened, the way it happened, and feel disgusted.

Most Americans believe in fair play. The extremes on both sides don't believe in fair play...they believe the end justifies the means.

Walker never campaigned or told voters his plan was to eliminate collective bargaining.

So a recall will happen, and Walker may be defeated...we will see.

In the same way that the teaparty was born as a reactionary movement, a similar reactionary movement has been born from the actions Wisconsin.

Republicans are celebrating and claiming "the people have spoken" but some people have spoken, and the losing side is now more energized to reclaim power.

Time will tell, but anyone who says a recall can't or won't happen, and that it won't be successful...has no grasp of history or the political process or the mentality of those who have lost power and want to regain it.

#42     Mar 10, 2011
  3. jem

jem

you mean like obamacare and the 150 billion in hidden spending or do you mean obamacare and the forced purchase of insurance.

while we prefer votes... when losers leave the state to avoid a vote.. the republicans action was necessary.

#43     Mar 10, 2011
  4. jem

jem

I remember it differently.
    The winds were easy to read.

#44     Mar 10, 2011
  5. No, it was not actually necessary. It was an elective choice, and it was a choice not to compromise.

You know how angry you are about the supposed 105 billion hidden in the bill...I say supposed because I don't have the facts yet...and you think that many of the voters are going to be upset with what Walker and crew actually did?

You have to put all the facts together in Wisconsin...and see what really happened.

Did Walker tell the people while he was running for governor that he planned to eliminate collective bargaining?

Did Walker reveal things on the prank call that will come back to bite him? Likely.

Have republicans threatened to filibusterer in the Senate until they get their way?

What I see is people who won't compromise at all. The unions compromised on wages and benefits...they just wanted to keep their right to collectively bargain.

What will happen now?

Recall elections, for sure. Legal challenges. Waste of the taxpayer money defending them, cost of recall elections...all because Walker was hell bent on busting unions for the good of the voters, or the for the good of the wealthy and powerful?

Just step back and really examine what has happened in Wisconsin dispassionately...and think of what the longer term consequences will be.

#45     Mar 10, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

WOWZAKAPOWZA!!!

Even O7 gets it right occasionally!

(I best be careful though. Even a broke clock is right twice a day.)

#46     Mar 10, 2011
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Optional is a dolt. I piss on him from great height.

Did you see the violent threats against the governor? Big time death threats from the libtards who only weeks ago were blathering about civility:

"From: XXXX
    Sent: Wed 3/9/2011 9:18 PM
    To: Sen.Kapanke; Sen.Darling; Sen.Cowles; Sen.Ellis; Sen.Fitzgerald; Sen.Galloway; Sen.Grothman; Sen.Harsdorf; Sen.Hopper; Sen.Kedzie; Sen.Lasee; Sen.Lazich; Sen.Leibham; Sen.Moulton; Sen.Olsen
    Subject: Atten: Death threat!!!! Bomb!!!!
    Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your familes
    will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks. Please explain
    to them that this is because if we get rid of you and your families then it
    will save the rights of 300,000 people and also be able to close the deficit
    that you have created. I hope you have a good time in hell. Read below for
    more information on possible scenarios in which you will die.
    WE want to make this perfectly clear. Because of your actions today and in
    the past couple of weeks I and the group of people that are working with me
    have decided that we’ve had enough. We feel that you and the people that
    support the dictator have to die. We have tried many other ways of dealing
    with your corruption but you have taken things too far and we will not stand
    for it any longer. So, this is how it’s going to happen: I as well as many
    others know where you and your family live, it’s a matter of public records.
    We have all planned to assult you by arriving at your house and putting a
    nice little bullet in your head. However, we decided that we wouldn’t leave
    it there. We also have decided that this may not be enough to send the
    message to you since you are so “high” on Koch and have decided that you are
    now going to single handedly make this a dictatorship instead of a
    demorcratic process. So we have also built several bombs that we have placed
    in various locations around the areas in which we know that you frequent.
    This includes, your house, your car, the state capitol, and well I won’t
    tell you all of them because that’s just no fun. Since we know that you are
    not smart enough to figure out why this is happening to you we have decided
    to make it perfectly clear to you. If you and your goonies feel that it’s
    necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives, making
    them unable to feed, clothe, and provide the necessities to their families
    and themselves then We Will “get rid of” (in which I mean kill) you. Please
    understand that this does not include the heroic Rep. Senator that risked
    everything to go aganist what you and your goonies wanted him to do. We feel
    that it’s worth our lives to do this, because we would be saving the lives
    of 300,000 people. Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and
    say goodbye to your loved ones we will not wait any longer. YOU WILL DIE!!!!"

Nice. So much for civility.

I always suspected that the libtards would not give up power or our tax money without a nasty fight and think it will be the same for the Presidential election.

Libtards want a fight, a real fight.

Perhaps they don't realize what that entails or the long-term consequences. They are talking revolution in Wisconsin. Jesse Jackson is talking revolution in Wisconsin.

Let Jesse fire the first shot.

#47     Mar 10, 2011