The bill has passed in Wisconsin: Collective Bargaining is Dead for Public Employees

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Mar 9, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-03-09-19-27-44

The Governor split the bill into pieces that could be passed without a quorum and the bill passed the Wisconsin State Sentate today without the democrats.

Done and Done.

Now the runaway dems can do whatever they want lol! Stay Away or Return it no longer matters. :D

"MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Wednesday night to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber's missing Democrats.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker's so-called "budget repair bill" - a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall.

The Senate requires a quorum to take up any measures that spend money. But Republicans on Wednesday split from the legislation the proposal to curtail union rights, which spends no money, and a special conference committee of state lawmakers approved the bill a short time later.

The lone Democrat present on the conference committee, Rep. Tony Barca, shouted that the surprise meeting was a violation of the state's open meetings law but Republicans voted over his objections. The Senate then convened within minutes and passed it without discussion or debate.

Spectators in the gallery screamed "You are cowards."

Before the sudden votes, Democratic Sens. Bob Jauch said if Republicans "chose to ram this bill through in this fashion, it will be to their political peril. They're changing the rules. They will inflame a very frustrated public.""

America may be saved after all. God Bless Scott Walker.

Now on to recovering the $172.5 Million dollars lost which will come from the personal financial assets and personal property of the runaway democrats. If any of us cost our state $172.5M we would have to pay up or lose everything.

2. Hello

Hello

To quote Michelle Obama "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country."

This is a proud day for America, and it is a solid step foreword in ending corruption which runs rampant between government workers and democrats working hand in hand to rape the taxpayer.

:D :D :D

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

They're going to collect video of any subsequent protests and fire any teachers present who are supposed to be on the job. The gloves are off.

Proud of my country today, a pivotal day for conservatism.

4. The Democrats are saying that move was illegal, so the missing state senators are coming back immediately. Once they get back then the republicans can have the real vote!! Maybe this is a very good trick to get the democrats back in the State?

5. Hello

Hello

Yeah i was thinking the same thing as i watch MSNBC. All these union thugs who come on are saying that this is an afront to democracy, it is hilarious. They didnt seem to have a problem when all these democrats simply ditched town to avoid a vote.

Another thing is that we were paying these tit suckers who left town, with our tax dollars when they went on a vacation paid for by the unions.

I hope to add insult to injury that Walker also docks them a months salary. :D

Robert Reich on MSNBC right now, its priceless watching that little pip squeak squirm.

6. pspr

pspr

Hey guys, come on over to my "Wisconsin Unions Lose - Bill Passes" thread! Don't be posting in OHMS thread when you have my thread available!!

Ha ha ha just kidding, OHMS. After I posted the thread I noticed you beat me by a few minutes. I tried to delete my thread but it wouldn't let me. :D

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol :) Its kind of a surprise isn't it? I was reading about some compromise last night that didn't sound good. This is a great development.

8. pspr

pspr

I read the same thing last night about a compromise. I thought, oh no, the Gov. is caving on the collective bargaing rights. It's good that wasn't the case. I'll bet there will be a lot of screaming democrats in the news tomorrow. Sore losers.

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yeah, the unions will probably go ballistic. There may be some property damage etc this time.

I sincerely hope nobody gets hurt. The governor managed to avert all layoffs. Nobody is going to lose their job and I hope those affected can realize that this improves the chances for their children and grandchildren to realize the same quality-of-life that we have or better.

10. pspr

pspr

I just know I wouldn't want to be an outspoken conservative having a drink in a Wisconsin blue-collar bar tonight. :eek:

#10     Mar 9, 2011