The biggest trade of the century

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoEmotionTrader, Feb 29, 2020.

1. I've shorted bitcoin since it went below $10000 with my entire life savings. I've even thrown in a bit of CFDs for good measure. At the moment, I'm up ~$40000 on CFDs alone. If Bitcoin even hits $2000 this year, I'll be able to retire to my dream country: Monaco. Apparently, the word is that Bitcoin could decline as much as 90% from it's current peak.

2. gaussian

gaussian

NoEmotionTrader or NoBrainsTrader? Hard to tell with this post.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

You need to read The Rules by Larry Hite before you go bankrupt. Also, you may be on the wrong forum, try wallstreetbets on reditt.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  4. You're dumb and you will go broke.

The trade of the century is not shorting Bitcoin. It was buying bitcoin at $1 and selling at $20K.

5. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

themickey likes this.
  6. S2007S

S2007S

How do you short bitcoin?

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I think it's cute you think a 20% drop in bitcoin is somehow special & not as likely to go the opposite way.

forexpreneur and Sekiyo like this.
  8. guru

guru

He wrote that he is using CFDs.
    You can also trade Bitcoin futures.

9. easymon1

easymon1

10. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

You can rebalance in a down trend to achieve far more than 100% potential. Especially, if Bitcoin goes from $20K to $1 you can do the same in reverse... Of course, when (not if) Bitcoin starts one of its bull moves that will flatten you if you're sitting on a leveraged short.

OP may actually be smart and putting on a single high conviction trade that will let him retire, but that depends entirely on how his exit plan looks like. If it just is "hold until Bitcoin hits $2000" his chance of success is far more limited.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    #10     Feb 29, 2020
    fan27 and guru like this.