The biggest most notorious liar known to man

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Oct 15, 2017.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Running list of Trump's lies

The weekly update

“He (Bob Corker) is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!”

Source: Twitter

In fact: Corker criticized and voted against the deal that aims to constrain Iran’s nuclear activities – “What you have done is codify a personally aligned pathway for Iran to get a nuclear weapon…I believe you’ve been fleeced,” Corker told Secretary of State John Kerry in 2015 – and he played no role in negotiating an agreement negotiated by the Obama administration, Iran, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, Germany, China, and the European Union. Some conservatives fault him for his role in finding a compromise with Democrats over a bill to allow Congress to review the agreement. But the final version of the bill was overwhelmingly supported by Republicans – it passed the Senate 98-1 – and was, obviously, not the same thing as the deal itself.

Trump has repeated this claim 2 times

“Bob Corker gave us the Iran Deal, & that's about it.”

Source: Twitter

In fact: Corker criticized and voted against the deal that aims to constrain Iran’s nuclear activities – “What you have done is codify a personally aligned pathway for Iran to get a nuclear weapon…I believe you’ve been fleeced,” Corker told Secretary of State John Kerry in 2015 – and he played no role in negotiating an agreement negotiated by the Obama administration, Iran, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, Germany, China, and the European Union. Some conservatives fault him for his role in finding a compromise with Democrats over a bill to allow Congress to review the agreement. But the final version of the bill was overwhelmingly supported by Republicans – it passed the Senate 98-1 – and was, obviously, not the same thing as the deal itself.

Trump has repeated this claim 2 times

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/10/12/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

2. exGOPer

exGOPer

"You see the budget, and what took place just recently with respect to - almost $800 billion for the military this year. Eight hundred billion."

Source: Interview with Mike Huckabee on Trinity Broadcasting Network

In fact: The military budget is $700 billion - a $640 billion base budget, plus $60 billion in "Overseas Contingency Operations" war funding.

3. upload_2017-10-16_7-13-41.png

Our brains are particularly ill-equipped to deal with lies when they come not singly but in a constant stream, and Trump, we know, lies constantly, about matters as serious as the election results and as trivial as the tiles at Mar-a-Lago. (According to his butler, Anthony Senecal, Trump once said the tiles in a nursery at the West Palm Beach club had been made by Walt Disney himself; when Senecal protested, Trump had a single response: “Who cares?”) When we are overwhelmed with false, or potentially false, statements, our brains pretty quickly become so overworked that we stop trying to sift through everything. It’s called cognitive load—our limited cognitive resources are overburdened. It doesn’t matter how implausible the statements are; throw out enough of them, and people will inevitably absorb some. Eventually, without quite realizing it, our brains just give up trying to figure out what is true.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

But Trump goes a step further. If he has a particular untruth he wants to propagate—not just an undifferentiated barrage—he simply states it, over and over. As it turns out, sheer repetition of the same lie can eventually mark it as true in our heads. It’s an effect known as illusory truth, first discovered in the ’70s and most recently demonstrated with the rise of fake news. In its original demonstration, a group of psychologists had people rate statements as true or false on three different occasions over a two-week period. Some of the statements appeared only once, while others were repeated. The repeated statements were far more likely to be judged as true the second and third time they appeared—regardless of their actual validity. Keep repeating that there was serious voter fraud, and the idea begins to seep into people’s heads. Repeat enough times that you were against the war in Iraq, and your actual record on it somehow disappears.

piezoe, exGOPer and themickey like this.
  4. exGOPer

exGOPer

"I've had just about the most legislation passed of any president, in a nine-month period, that's ever served. We had over 50 bills passed. I'm not talking about executive orders only, which are very important. I'm talking about bills."

Source: Interview with Forbes magazine

In fact: Trump is not even close to the record for most legislation passed in nine months. Franklin D. Roosevelt signed 76 bills in his first 100 days, or just over three months – many of them major.

Trump has repeated this claim 10 times

5. Good1

Good1

Before i called you out, how many times did you try to pass a claim that Trump admitted to child rape?

smallfil likes this.
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's start a list of Clinton lies --- sadly it would take up thousands of pages in a thread.
    We will start with...

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

smallfil likes this.
  7. Regan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama all lied. Hell, Carter the Quaker lied I am sure.

Trump is not the greatest liar in the world, he is just the greatest serial liar ever to become POTUS. Edited: actually that might make him the greatest liar in the world :)

He thinks that his lies shape reality, his own "Lathe of Heaven" but awake... and just bullshitting.

There is some self-fulfilling prophesy as president, his 'predictions' or idle speculations portrayed as statement of fact on Twitter etc. are powerful incentives for stooges and toadies to provide & create corroborating information.

This will certainly thicken his bubble, he is getting positive feedback for bad behavior.

This order-of-magnitude increase in flagrant lying will have a great cost. Ask a Nigerian. Africa's most university educated, populous and richest country. It is horrible living there as you have no idea who to trust, who is on the make.

Living With a Liar Can Make You Crazy
    About gaslighting and other forms of chronic betrayal trauma.
    Posted Aug 06, 2014

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    piezoe likes this.
  8. exGOPer

exGOPer

Trump admitted to sexual assault, given his penchant for pedophilia, its equivalent to admitting child rape.

Thanks for the call out, I am happy to regurgitate the point that Trump is a child rapist.

9. exGOPer

exGOPer

Yes do that, let's even have a competition and see who runs out of ammunition first.

And the difference between Clinton's lying and Trump's lying - Clinton's stop lying after they are caught in the lie, Trump doubles down and keep repeating because people like you defend him with your whataboutism.

10. I've OP and others ON IGNORE, so I can't see what others have posted.

However, let me chime in with this.... My view is that Odumbo is the consummate political liar! I doubt he ever spoke a truthful word during his administration. And in so doing, did IMMEASURABLE HARM TO AMERICA!!... not just with what he said, but how he abused the power of his office and the trust of the American people. He invariably acted in "bad conscience". Whenever there was a decision to be made about ANYTHING... he ALWAYS chose the one that harmed America the most. He deserves our ultimate contempt!!

#10     Oct 16, 2017