The biggest, and most expensive con in the history of humankind

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Here's an example of how concerned the Nigerians are about the American banking crisis:

DIRECTOR IN CHARGE OF SECTION.
    BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
    OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO

Dear Mr. Pabst,

Your willingness to help secure the funds of your great-uncle Mumambi Pabst is greatly appreciated. We are close to final resolution. We have noted though that the bank you've wired funds from is Citi Bank, New York. My bankers are greatly worried about Citi's ability to cover further wire transfers. Counter party risk is of great concern to the Bank of Africa. We have already disallowed a sizable inheritance to a <strike>pigeon</strike> heir who tried to assist us with funds held at Indy Mac. If you could perhaps arrange further transfers to originate from a higher credit rated institution like Wells Fargo or Mellon Bank we can close our mutual transaction to your pleasure.

With Love Devoted to Allah,
    MR ISA HAMAD

#11     Dec 2, 2008
  2. Not true. Basic necessities are food, clothing, shelter. So lets say the government provides you those "basic" necessities. They give you a cheap, but sturdy wooden home, plain clothes, and rice, beans, & chicken and to drink only water.

Thats your "basic" needs right there. Now...you want carpet in that house? or a rug to go over those un-sanded wooden floors? thats a "luxury" You want cable? internet? a burger from mcdonalds? thats a luxury. You want a suit? Or Something other than your Government issued plain white t-shirt and pants? Thats a luxury. Medical? thats a luxury! yeah people say that medicine should be free for everyone, but its not...its a luxury...always has been, probably always will be. You would still be in the rat race trying to secure a better position even if basic necessities were provided for you or you would just do nothing.

Look at all the people that do have basic necessities provided for them. The people that get Section 8 housing, food stamps & welfare. MOST (not all) but most just collect it every month and do nothing to better themselves.

Everyone knows that if you want to pursue your passion in life without having to worry about basic necessities, you need to have a decent passive income which is why we all work to retirement. Some of us try to get there faster than others(why we trade) and some are content to have a job for 30-40 years until they retire.

#12     Dec 2, 2008
  3. TGregg

TGregg

You can get three hots and a cot by going to prison. That'll give you plenty of free time to chase your dreams.

#13     Dec 2, 2008
  4. How about welfare? As long as i don't spend my money on booze, crack, or some new fubu gear i can cover the necessities.

#14     Dec 2, 2008
  5. #15     Dec 3, 2008
  6. Loki

Loki

419eater is hysterical if you got the time to read his letters.

I agree this is probably one of the biggest scam. Ford CEO says that if he gets the loan he will work for $ 1.

Yet up till yesterday he has been working for 9 M per year, what does that tell you ?

#16     Dec 3, 2008