The biggest, and most expensive con in the history of humankind

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 2, 2008.

1. I was reading this article yesterday about the nigerian 419 scam and how whenever they find a sucker, they go back to the same guy with another scam to try to get more money out of him(usually some kind of scam about how they can get his money back) Then something all of a sudden seems awfully familiar today when I saw this article http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticke...-Need-100B-Bailout?tickers=GM,F,TM,^GSPC,^DJI It basically says that the automakers do not need 25 billion, but they need 100 billion now.

This seems to be the biggest scam in the history of the world and nobody is seeming to notice. It all started with giving a few billion to some investment banks...then it got more and more and now its just ridiculous. Spending 100s of billions of dollars to save companies that only ever net a few billion dollars in profits.

Its like if you had a business that made 25k per year in profit...and next year it looked like you would go bankrupt. Would you take a 5 million dollar loan to try to save it? Well if you knew you would never pay it back, hell yeah. (in fact you would try to get a 10 million dollar loan or 25 million...whatever you could get your hands on because you know you could siphon off quite a bit of that cash along the road) But if you were a lender would you loan 5 million to someone like this? Hell no! Let them fail and give a much smaller loan to the guy who will pick up the slack when the first guy fails.

This is what is happening now...its the biggest con in the history of mankind and its also one of the oldest cons. You find a mark and get his money, then you keep going back promising to get his money back over and over until you finally get it all. This is what is being done right now.

2. nassau

nassau

What I personally find insulting is that the CEO's or whomever are now working for 1 dollar a year or so.
    They neglect to mention the warrants, option package they receive when x is accomplished which I would guess is more than the 12 million or yearly salary some are receiving.

But it does create great trading opportunities.

w

3. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Good analogy.

But the biggest scam is the bank bailout. The auto bailout is just to distract the sheeple while they are fleeced by the banking cabal.

The auto execs may have to cut their pay/bonus - what % of bank execs had to cut anything?

4. Give this man a ceeegar!

Word!

5. Exactly! Had our glorious politicians been so diligent with the bankers this shit would have never happened. Oh wait! They were in on the scam too. Nuff said!

6. WINNER!

7. Ron Paul has been bitching about this thievery and shadiness since the 70's. Finally people are starting to wake up but it's too bad shits gotta hit the fan for us to start to think.

Hopefully, if we pull out of this somehow we don't forget what these bastards did to us but i wouldn't be surprised if we do forget, that is why the sheeple have been ruled for so long. Keeping us unable to explore knowledge and think objectively because we have to worry about a paycheck.

I really do think we as a society have such a long way to go before we can really advance as an intelligent society.

Imagine if the 6-7 billion people on this earth all had the ability to pursue knowledge instead of a paycheck or having to worry about food and water.

Trust me, i would not be trading if basic necessities were provided for me.
    I would be pursuing my true passion in life, and i'm sure most people would do the same. Now that is what i call a great life.

8. After a long time I finally got one (Nigerian/African scam) in an e-mail! Enjoy "

DIRECTOR IN CHARGE OF SECTION.
    BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
    OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO

Dear Friend,

I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we never meet before. I am the Director in charge of Auditing section of B.O.A Bank of African, I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of Five Million Five Hundred Thousand united state dollars. ($5.5mUSD). Immediately to your account. The money has been dormant (in-active) for 10 years in our Bank here without any body coming for it.

I want to release the fund to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer (the owner of the account) who died a long with his supposed next of kin in air crash since on February 21, 2003. I don't want the fund to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund, so this is the reason why I contacted you, so that my Bank will release the fund to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer. Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send you the application form which you will send to our banks the next of kin and also note that you will have 40% of the above mentioned amount if you agree to help me execute this business. And also 10 % had been mapped for you for the expense you will make in this transaction and 50% is for me. I need you information so that I will send you the application form.

Your Full Information

Your Name_________________________
    Your Home Addresses_______________
    Country___________________________
    Home Telephone____________________
    Private Telephone_________________
    Fax No____________________________
    Marital Status____________________
    Age_______________________________
    Occupation________________________

Thanks and waiting for your urgent response,

Best Regards
    MR ISA HAMAD
    DIRECTOR IN CHARGE OF SECTION.
    B.O.A BANK OF AFRICA.
    Reply to this my alternative "

9. Exactly Agree 100%. it's a damn joke

10. Joab

Joab

Do you know the difference between Saddam Hussein's government and the US government?

LAWYERS ... they just make it all sound nicer.

#10     Dec 2, 2008