The Big Time Echo Trade automated trader

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by BlueOcean, Jul 24, 2009.

1. From what I hear there are people at echo trade doing automated trading who do monster volume.

I'm curious as to what API they are using. I highly doubt that they are using the sterling API. What API are they using... FIX? If so would you have a link to it?

Thanks

2. nitro

nitro

I don't know. I highly doubt it is Sterling. When I was clearing Merrill and I had a slower frequency system that I was running live on about 100 symbols on Sterling, Sterling was a disaster most of the time. In fact, on a couple of occasions I crashed their system (even slow frequency systems can generate lots of cancel-replace orders) and brought down several dozen (hundred ?) point-and-click traders that should never have been affected.

I remember that Merrill suggested I use FIX. So it is very possible that these ECHO traders have a deal where they are calling the FIX engine directly. This further complicates things though as I remember, because then you may need and OTP, in which case you need at least several million dollars in the account...

Not sure what link you want. You need to use a FIX client that knows how to talk to your clearing firm FIX engine. FIX implementations are mostly the same, but Clearing Firms all have their own tags that they add so you probably need to do some work.

3. ty

i'm glad i'm aware of that