"THE BIG SHORT" movie based on Michael Lewis best selling book is coming out!

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by S2007S, Sep 22, 2015.

1. S2007S

S2007S

They used an all star cast for this movie....anyway its interesting to see a movie based on what happened nearly 10 years ago in this economy, only a handful of people saw that collapse coming, fast forward to today and it seems no one has learned anything, with the fed bailouts, QE, ZERO interest rates and the central banks doing all the propping up of each and every economy around the world the next crisis is coming, its happening all over again.....there will be another movie based on whats happening today in the next 5 years or so as a book is being written right now on the future of what is going to happen to this global economy and its worthless money printing ways!!

2. destriero

destriero

Pitt playing the Cornwall Capital guy. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to find a character for Pitt to "fit the suit", when the guys at Magnetar and Paulson make an order of mag more cash.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  3. Lots of high profile folks sounding the alarm about this time. Few regarding, believing "the Fed's got the market's back", so no worries.

4. destriero

destriero

I think the stink surrounding GS and Paulson, Magnetar, et al was in the decision to not profile them in the film, but those guys were simply lazy in skewing the underwriting. Magnetar went market neutral by buying the equity slice of the CDO, but he could've simply traded vanilla puts and not appearing to be a douchebag fraudster like the other guys.

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

The book was fabulous, I hope the movie can live up to it. If Dr. Michael Burry and Greg Lippmann characters are as in the books, should be an entertaining movie.

PS having also read The Greatest Trade Ever, I liked that more...I didn't see a reference to Cornwall Capital in the trailer...

6. destriero

destriero

Burry? Jesus. Christian Bale has the role. Have you even seen the trailer?

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

If you are referring to me, I have seen the trailer. Cornwall guys were supposed to be in their twenties, Pitt has a grey beard in the trailer and yes I am aware Bale is playing Burry.

8. destriero

destriero

Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. I read, "are as in" as "are in".