The Big Short - Great Movie

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Bry, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Bry

Bry

I just saw it. Had a ton of fun. Very funny and sobering.

Did anyone else see it yet?

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Here's the trailer for those that haven't heard about it:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  3. What is your opinion of the movie, Baron?

4. Saw it and liked it.

5. This movie is kind of old -- the housing/financial collapse happened nearly eight+ years ago already. :banghead: Should have been created way earlier to be relevant and hot still.

The last/only movie I ever watched in a theater was Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps [2010] -- there were only three people watching it, including me. (but then again, i went on a Wednesday at 2pm)

there are tons of financial documentaries on youtube to watch -- they probably do a better job at describing the housing/financial market collapse then this hollywood movie. (i've probably seen them all already, multiple times.)

mid 2000's housing boom...exciting era....i remember seeing For Sale housing signs everywhere...tall signs...colorful flags...the works. kind of felt like some fantasy euphoria land.
    (felt like the crazy late 90's dot com boom -- but a housing version...everyone was high on the same Kool Aid...felt too surreal or good to be true)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  6. speedo

speedo

What'll they think of next....tulips?

Zzoom and Chuck Krug like this.
  7. I'd go see it.

8. speedo

speedo

Might be more interesting than Michael Lewis' 10th iteration of Liar's Poker.

habnib likes this.
  9. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

A very predictable and boring movie.

I would like to see a movie about the person that shorted before the market crashes - and ended up with nothing. You know the saying "The Market Can Remain Irrational Longer Than You Can Remain Solvent"

:)

10. that will be me pretty soon if oil doesn't find a bottom :vomit:

#10     Jan 6, 2016