The big question. How do i sort through the mess of the e-minis?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by triggertrader, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ronlewis

ronlewis

I really like the ER because of the volatility and the bang for your buck but the ICE exchange has purchased the Russell from the CME and the change is happening in Aug so don't know how that is going to affect it. For now, my goal is $600 a day on 1 contract. Love that volatility.

#31     Feb 20, 2008
  2. ganesh6

ganesh6

Somebody said NQ/ER2/YM are traded electronic completely whereas ES is not. Is that true. Any impact on ES if that is correct. Thanks

#32     Feb 20, 2008
  3. I haven't had any problems getting good fills on the YM. If anything it seems more choppy since changing exchanges. As far as following the ES, at times it does but I've also seen it lead at times. You definitely want to have both up as you can get some nice early cues from each, albeit matter of 1-2 seconds.

#33     Feb 20, 2008
  4. ronlewis

ronlewis

The S& P e-mini are electronically traded as well. There is trememdous liquidity (look at the number of contracts at any on level on your trading dome). Therefore there are many more traders that trade the S&P vs the YM, NQ, or ER. I actually like the fact that the ER trades less contracts as it adds to the volatility, just my preference. As for which leads the way. I try to focus on the contract that I am trading and leave the rest to others. I have tried to watch several indexes at once and it seems to confuse me. Again, just my preference.

#34     Feb 20, 2008