The Big One Just Hit ...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Manni, Sep 9, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Well, they/we SHOULD. Shortsighted mofo liars and thieves in Washington want a weaker $USD for short term political gain... all at the expense of the entire US population + anyone who holds US Treasuries.

#11     Sep 9, 2007
  2. Quoting from the post:

Today, the U.S. Federal Reserve threw in $31.25 billion, the largest single-day infusion since Aug. 10. Earlier in the day, the European Central bank tossed in $57.4 billion in temporary funds to the money markets hoping, beyond hope, to "ease tensions" as Reuters coyly put it.

Nobody notices the pattern: Trichet throws some large amount of money in, first. Bernanke follows, with a smaller amount of money.
    The actual thing going on here appears to be a seizing up of the European money market, far more than the American. But all we ever get are these endless posts forecasting doom and gloom for the US, based on stuff that I've been seeing on the net ever since Y2K ended.
    It might be better to pay attention to what's actually going on, and ask just what is it that makes Trichet have to throw in money fustest, with the mostest.

#12     Sep 9, 2007
  3. I agree. It should be a point of pride.

What are we down just this decade in the dollar - 30 or 35%? It's only been the last year or so there's been any return on savings for average Americans.

Even worse is the situation for small and micro biz with balance sheet cash. Some here have looked at those linked accounts with Everbank or the other internet banks that offer currency hedge options but nobody has made a move - mostly due to security concerns.

#13     Sep 9, 2007
  4. The moment I saw the big red circle around MACD on a chart, the article lost all credibility.

#14     Sep 9, 2007
  5. harkm

harkm

The moment the article mentioned the strengthing yen, the article certainly gained some credibilty. Art Cashin has been mentioning the strengthing yen as a problem for some time.

#15     Sep 9, 2007
  6. Yes... numbers like "80" mean absolutely nothing...
    And men who babble on about such...
    Are amateurs.

Let me get this straight.

The Japanese and Chinese have shipped a zillion dolllars worth of goods to America...
    In return for pretty paper that the Fed had printed.

And America is the one with a problem?

#16     Sep 10, 2007