The Big French Challenge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrackPipe, Aug 26, 2011.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Seriously why don't you change your handle to "Zane Zeddan"? Even if you just speak one language, it doesn't hurt to write a name correctly...Your stupid fucking little brain can zip "Zinedine" into "Zane", that's quite a feat. Even illiterates can count the number of syllabs in a word.:p

#11     Aug 26, 2011
  2. none.

#12     Aug 26, 2011
  3. Theft of oil and money + war crimes.

#13     Aug 26, 2011
  4. Here in a nightmare for France: Africa wakes up, and demand compensation for the theft and war crimes during colonial times.

#14     Aug 26, 2011
  5. g222

g222

c,mon, crackpipe ... monsieur tradator is right ... lighten up a little on our french buddies.

Why ... just the other day ... I'm having lunch down by the lake, and met a lovely young french couple ... poor kids were really upset and exhausted ... they wer returning the waterskis recently purchased at the marina ... drove around for 3 days to each lake in the county ... not one lake could they find that had a hill.

#15     Aug 26, 2011
  6. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

oh dear my little cheese stinking french froggy, i really have hit a nerve with you havent i.

just because youre french, please dont take it out on me. im just the messenger here, pointing out the french are a bunch of cowards and fucktards.

dont hate me for what the rest of the civilised (ie the west, minus france) already knows.

ok so i spelt some afro-frogs name incorrectly. i dont even follow soccer, so no love lost.

just dont take it personally. this thread is about a retarded country with no back bone. it isnt meant to hate any one individual. in fact, im trying to be positive and find one good frenchman among a bunch of rotten bastards. no easy task is it.

#16     Aug 26, 2011
  7. My answer was none, but an hour later, I remembered the french UN veto.

That is one of the most important assets of France. They use it to get money from weaker countries. You remove that, and you get a country like Greece (double), but without the history of Greeks. The Greeks have a great history, and are wonderful people too.

#17     Aug 26, 2011
  8. jem

jem

babbolat -- I believe is french.
    They make good racquets. (I do not use them) strings - I sometimes use... and shoes... I currently use.

I think they still make good ski equipment.
    I really like french bread, french dip au jus with my roast beef sandwiches. And french onion soup is not bad.

Actually, I thought they were on to something when they were trying to preserve their culture in the 80s. I still thinks its funny their operators and workers made me speak in french when I knew they could speak English.

#18     Aug 26, 2011
  9. Well, "french fries" were actually created in America. However, the Quebecois would generally object to the notion that they are "French", in the continental sense. Most of them don't have the fondest sentiments towards France...

#19     Aug 26, 2011
  10. In all fairness, the French have been one of the major contributors to Western Civilization. The French supported the American war for independence, both financially and militarily. French thinkers contributed substantially to the foundations of capitalism ( ex. Frederic Bastiat). The French Revolution's purpose and spirit was very much like the American Revolution, and with America was one of the founders of Constitutional Republicanism and classical liberalism. The French were, for a very long time, the preeminent military in the world, who prevented the Germans from overtaking Europe on more than one occasion; look into the first world war, and all the Franco-Prussian wars. Given, they didn't do so hot in the last one... Further, France has been on the side of America, and on the side of the West in every global conflict. Paris was most certainly the New York of it's day, and France was the America of the world for a very long time; certainly longer than America has been the America of the world... French was the "English" of yesteryear, having been the first global language of business and diplomacy- so much so, that such a language is now called a "lingua franca". For example when Israel was created their passports were printed in two languages, Hebrew was one...

France has produced very many brilliant mathematicians, far too many to name here, and many fine scientists. Them sewing some ofthe ideological seeds of capitalism, which would end up germinating in England and America in the industrial revolution gets them a lot of points in a historical context with me... Also, many of the most grand civilizations of Europe- the Normans, the Franks, the Gauls, the Vandals all either had their roots in France, or centered their civilizations in France.

All that being said, I concur with the fact that France has astonished me with how hard it's fallen flat on it's face repeatedly since WW2. French culture in combination with highly leftist policies and forms of statecraft is a particularly sour mix, and has turned out horribly for them. Of course, they're leading the race to import as much of the 3rd world as humanly possible, which has inexorably turned what was already a sour mix into an almost comically tragic one.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that way. You might enjoy this: Japanese and the 'Paris syndrome'

"How many victims does it take to make a syndrome? According to a French newspaper, a dozen a year will do. In the case of a trend it has dubbed "Paris syndrome," that would be the 12 or so Japanese tourists a year who are said to be so disenchanted by their encounter with the fabled French capital that they end up needing psychiatric treatment."

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ed20061029a1.html

#20     Aug 26, 2011