The Biden/Palin debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarketMasher, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Well I guess having someone who can disagree with you and tell it to your face nearby is a novel concept for someone who got used to Bush's "yes men" style of governing. Joe Biden has considerable foreign policy experience even greater than John McCain. Most people would agree the question of whether their bank will be there tomorrow is more important than spreading democracy in the middle east. And on the question of economy John McCain's "fundamentals of our economy are strong" says it all

#21     Sep 30, 2008
    #22     Sep 30, 2008
  3. You must be a real hit at parties.

As for how Biden will go after Palin, you know full well -- partisan bullshit aside -- that she is unqualified for the job, both in terms of her lack of exposure to the national (and international) scene and her education. And while some candidates in previous elections have shown themselves to be quick studies, there is nothing thus far to suggest that Palin will be among them. In any event, let's wait and see what happens in a couple of days. No doubt, she is poring over her What Does a Vice President Do? Cliff Notes as you read this post.

#23     Sep 30, 2008
  4. Who are you voting for?

#24     Sep 30, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#25     Sep 30, 2008
  6. I missed this prediction, Pabst. Can you clarify? You are saying that if he is elected President, he will be assassinated before the end of his term?

#26     Sep 30, 2008
  7. #27     Sep 30, 2008
  8. Do keep in mind Palin's bar is r-e-a-a-a-a-a-l-y loooowww. It's like financial or homebuilder earnings. No matter how bad they are the stocks always end the day green.

#28     Sep 30, 2008
  9. A low bar might be a good thing for her personally, but for the country, not so good...

#29     Sep 30, 2008
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Joe Biden is stepping into a trap Thursday night. With all the political correctness nuts out there today, he will be walking thru a verbal minefield when he debates Palin. Joe Biden likes to talk in a free-wheeling style. I would think he will be forced to tone things way down. We'll see.

#30     Sep 30, 2008