The Biden/Palin debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarketMasher, Sep 29, 2008.

1. They better fix her up better than her performance in that Couric interview.

Or she'll end up sounding like she's answering the contestant question "How would you use your crown to bring peace to the world?"

2. LMAO

so sad but so true!

3. I tend to think Palin will do very well during the debate.

And yes, I'm serious.

4. I am looking forward to this debate. And although I don't expect Biden to do that well in the swimsuit competition (just a guess), I think he will win decisively overall.

5. You may be right, but I don't think so. I think she'll be overly rehearsed and wooden. I expect much of her answers to be somewhat pat and canned, and that she will have some difficulty adapting to nuanced issues that may arise during the debate. Of course, that may just be my wishful thinking. But if I had to bet a dollar, that's how I would bet.

6. I think the Couric interviews have given warning to the handlers, and I think she's good enough to pull off a pretty good debate with Biden. It's really going to boil down to the questions, of course.

I still question the choice for VP, and since the first few days of poll numbers have gone away, plus some, I don't think the polls will rise much, if at all, even is she does well. I fell sorry for the moderatior(s), trying to keep Biden down to a manageable sound bite.

c

7. Honestly, this could be fascinating. I know the media and the liberal elites want to see her humiliated, but an awful lot of people admire her and want her to do well. Expectations are so low for her that if she doesn't throw up, she will exceed them.

Biden is pompous and annoying, a real windbag. Palin can get a little shrill, plus it is obvious she is not really up on the details of national issues. Neither was Ronald Reagan and he did pretty well.

Basically, this is entertainment. No one is going to vote on the basis of who is the VP, except maybe some conservatives who despise McCain and Obama. The main thing for Palin is to look spectacular and smile a lot.

8. I don't agree with all this talk that Biden should treat her with kid gloves. Heck, she came on the scene at the RNC kicking shins from the get-go. And this is no absolutely time for chivalry. I would not expect unfriendly nations to afford her any such courtesies. These are the bigs, after all, and Palin wants to play.

9. Normally I agree with your observations, but I think you're whistling past the graveyard on this one. Should Palin come off as embarrassingly unprepared, it will be a big deal. Being so close to election day, a really poor performance will still be fresh in the minds of voters as they cast their vote.

10. hughb

hughb

Doesn't Biden have a history of sticking his foot in his mouth? He seems to find the worst possible thing to say at the worst possible time. Look forward to a gaffe or two from him.

As long as Palin looks relaxed and smiles, she will be all right.

#10     Sep 30, 2008