The Bible is more violent than the Quran

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Brass, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe he doesn't want you to know everything for fear you'd become a haughty arrogant condescending self righteous dick.

#11     Apr 3, 2012
  2. I find that kinda cool to be honest

#12     Apr 3, 2012
  3. That's such a lie.

#13     Apr 3, 2012
  4. All those foods that the bible "lectures" you shouldn't eat are foods that modern day scientists have discovered increase your risk greatly for cancer.

Also, do you have any evidence that people died 3000 years ago from drinking contaminated water? Try to remember that water wasnt as poluted 3,000 years ago as it is today.

Also, if the bible gave you complex answers about microbes and cells and hyper galactic warp engines, then you would no longer have a choice of whether to believe or not. You would have too much evidence to deny it. God gives us a choice and gives us free will and the ability to think free, Free thinker.

#14     Apr 3, 2012
  5. You point was about violence in the Bible and Quran.

My point was that it would be like an adult watching kindergarteners kill each other over "Dick And Jane" vs Dr Seuss.

That is, unless a kindergartner claims to understand as much as an adult...

#15     Apr 4, 2012
  6. ok lets see if i get it. god threatens to torture you forever if you dont believe in him yet he hides because if he showed himself everyone would believe in him.

makes perfect sense. and you wonder why christians are ridiculed?

Bertrand Russell And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence

#16     Apr 4, 2012