The BET hip hop awards..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ang_99, Oct 25, 2008.

1. So I'm flipping through the channels the other day and came across these rap awards on BET (a black network).

As the performers were accepting their awards they pretty much all reminded people to vote with Ice Cube (rapper, actor) saying quote "Vote Black" which he went on to repeat several times.

Now thats cool and all, nothing wrong with black pride. I wasn't offended at all by that, honest.

I'm wondering if liberals think its ok to "vote white" Anything wrong with having white pride? Or how about asian pride? Or Hispanic Pride?

Is it just when you're a minority are you allowed to publically support your race? What is the rule here?

Is Ice Cube racist because he tells people to vote black? I don't think so.

2. yes, he is.

people should vote on issues. Obama will have a bad surprise for them, they expect an era of handouts and a Sharpton-like president...they will be bitterly disappointed.
    The contrary will happen, Obama being black, they can't play the rce card on him...he'll expose them as what they are : chronic losers with nobody to blame but themselves.

people who get their voting tips from a guy calling himself "Ice cube" are not black, they're stupid

3. I don't know why they would expect handouts from Obama.He has said he is against reparations and tells the black
    community to take care of themselves

Obama is nothing like Sharpton and Jackson

4. Good point.

I wonder what Vanilla Ice is telling people to do?

5. I hate rap, I hate metal, neither has anything to do with politics ... hell, they don't even have anything to do with music.

6. arent u a chink tho, u can go for Chink pride.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

YES