The Best Work on Options Ever Written

Discussion in 'Options' started by riskfreetrading, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Mordehai:

This thread is about the best book ever written, not about the WORST book ever written. You have no shame.

#21     Nov 1, 2009
  2. Nexen

Nexen

The Rookie's Guide to Options: The Beginner's Handbook of Trading Equity Options by Wolfinger.

Cool ass lastname too :D

#22     Nov 1, 2009
  3. I have never met Mark (Dagnet) nor do I have a relationship with him.
    I understand the annoyance with the promotion of his book here. But, I have to say, I did think it was a good read. It is written for beginners. And as such is easy for experienced traders to poke fun at. But it is the only options book I've seen that gives detailed instructions that a beginner could follow and be profitable. Especially with limited risk. Sure, there are ways to trade options with a better reward/risk, but nobody is giving much of it away in a book that I know about.

#23     Nov 1, 2009
    #24     Nov 1, 2009
  5. drcha

drcha

Mark,

I think your book is excellent. It is the only beginner book I have seen that is actually worthwhile. I would recommend it to all my friends--if they were not all too lazy to read it. Guess I'll continue trading by myself:(

#25     Nov 1, 2009
  6. Thanks.

It amazes me how some rate the book, never having seen it.

Mark

#26     Nov 2, 2009
  7. nitro

nitro

I have not read it. Therefore I have no opinion on it.

#27     Nov 2, 2009
  8. Tom1am

Tom1am

Well, when I first saw the design of the cover, and the title Rookie's Guide.., I thought it may have been written by Lenny Dykstra.

The boilerplate stuff, pricing, nomenclature, greeks, etc are all very good and practical use information.

Writing collars for credits is certainly a valuable idea.

The advanced risk management chapter was by far one of the best chapters to have been included in a beginner's book. I believe this technique can be adapted to many strategies.

Mark even has a footnote that lets us know that vega is not a greek, it is a crappy '70's car (actually I added the last part).

It is the best option book I have read this year, and I do refer back to it from time to time.

#28     Nov 2, 2009
  9. Anyone has free download of the following items?

High Performance Options Trading, by Len Yates

Trading Options Visually, by Paul Forchione

The Complete Option Player, by Ken Trester

New Option Secret, by David Caplan

Option Volatility and Pricing Strategies, by Sheldon Natenberg

Options Markets, by Cox and Rubinstein

Option Pricing, by Jarrow and Rudd

Curency Derivatives by David DeRosa

The Eurodollar Futures and Options handbook by Galen Burghardt

#29     Apr 26, 2015