The best wine, champagne, beer or mixed drink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, May 24, 2012.

1. codeine

codeine

#52     Jun 14, 2012
  2. 2009 Chateau Cos d'Estournel got two 100 point scores:

http://www.misterwrightfinewines.com/sku17037.html

Just to compare, 2006 got a 94 and a 93 from the same two scorers. The 2009 might be the best of all time from them?

2010 got a 99 and 97.

#53     Jul 19, 2012
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Indeed. I can only talk for the 2006 one, I can hardly imagine there is something better than the one I tasted but these guys seem to know what they are talking about. Please tell me how it was if you buy it.:)

#54     Jul 19, 2012
  4. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

You should also try Duval. Another fine Belgium beer.

Other beers I like are Sierra Nivada, Brooklyn Beer or any IPA. The Czech Urquell Pilsner is fantastic if you like a cold, crisp larger. In fact it's unbeatable. FYI, Coors, Miller, Budweiser ARE NOT BEERS by these standards. They are onion water.

Wine: Alsace or Sancerre are my favourite regions in France, however I tend to go for Italians over French, who are more honest and bathe more frequently.

Cocktails: Manhattan or Old Fashioned - I can drink these by the bucket! One pretty Spanish girl whom I found in a bar one night last week discovered she could do the same! Fancy that.

#55     Jul 19, 2012
  5. If I buy it, I'm probably not going to open it for like 20 years! haha. maybe I'll grab two, that way I can enjoy one soon and hold the rest for later. At $475 a bottle, it's not cheap but also for a "perfect" wine that has a 60 year life, it's not too expensive either. Some of these Bordeaux's fetch $3000+ for like 92-94 scores. Not worth it for those IMO.

#56     Jul 19, 2012
  6. #57     Jul 19, 2012