The best wine, champagne, beer or mixed drink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, May 24, 2012.

1. TRS

TRS

#41     May 29, 2012
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

French wine is way overpriced abroad. I suppose it must be the same in the US. If I recommend it at 95 Euros, I don't know at 280 $...I have drank some Romanée-Conti that were not as good as this one, but that's my tastes...

That's why a lot of wine in France never reach local tables, why would sell locally when you can sell abroad for 2.5 times the price?

PS If you like white wine, I have an other little wine that is really good: Chateau Chasse-Spleen.12 Euros. Awesome with fish, appetizers...

#42     May 29, 2012
  3. TRS

TRS

Yes, $280 was best price. $350 was price in link I provided and average pricing.
    What economic crisis?

Old World wine is what it's worth take it or leave it. Money talks and all that.... Admittedly New World have shaken things up a bit.

Researched Chasse-Spleen but came back as vineyard in Bordeaux planted to Red?

My suggestion: buy a few bottles of the Estournel, lay it down, and enjoy :)

#43     May 29, 2012
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It's this one:

http://www.wineandco.com/chateau-chasse-spleen-blanc-2009-9416-fr-eur-fr.html

That's the wine I drink with my friends on friday evening before dinner. Nothing classy, just cheap good wine.

I guess the french firm Chapoutier has been producing some wine in Australia for quite some time. It was really good for what I remember.
    There is good wine everywhere: Chile, Argentina, California, Australia, Spain, Italy( Barrollo last week...super good but I don't remember the exact name ).

Sometimes price doesn't mean much. There are a lot of 20 $ bottles better than 80$ ones . I had a 1930s Chateau d'Yquem once. It tasted like Aloe Vera.

#44     May 29, 2012
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

"The Oracle" is one of my one of all-time favorite bordeaux blends...

[​IMG]

#45     May 29, 2012
  6. TRS

TRS

Unfortunately the Chateau Chasse is not available here.
    I agree regards finding a $20 bottle preferable to an $80.
    Also one of life's pleasures finding a good wine before the hype and publicity explodes.

The secret to Aloe Vera is 12 months aging in French oak :)

#46     Jun 2, 2012
  7. ardbeg whisky

wine:

amalaya malbec
    marques des riscal w/ gold leaf
    both a little less than $20 tons of
    great wines out there....:)

#47     Jun 2, 2012
  8. Another very good bourbon, knob creek.

#48     Jun 8, 2012
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

Had some Ardmore Scotch with the brother last night. He said it was about 40 bucks. Neither of us really liked it much because of the deep deep smokey flavor. He tried to tell me it's a lowland thing where they smoke the barrels for a few months at a time. And then I noticed it said "Highland" right on the bottle, lol. I think I need to do some serious personal research on the matter.

Still a big fan of Balvenie, Famous Grouse, etc.

#49     Jun 9, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

My favorite mixed drink is a vanilla Dr. Pepper.

#50     Jun 9, 2012