The best wine, champagne, beer or mixed drink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, May 24, 2012.

1. I'll give another vote for Buffalo Trace, very good stuff.

#31     May 27, 2012
  2. In all three cases, I believe you can sign up for the wine club and they'll send you shipments. In the case of Rideaux, you can buy the Pinot directly online and they'll ship it.

#32     May 27, 2012
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

It's really expensive. Over a thousand bucks for a bottle.

#33     May 27, 2012
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

At Home. It would cost around 300 Euros in a restaurant I guess. We drank it with different cheeses... You have to put it in a "caraffe"( don't know the word in english ) 15-30 min before.

#34     May 28, 2012
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I looked it up on google. Couldn't find any reference to it. Anyhow a thousand dollars a bottle is too much for whiskey (unless someone else is buying).

#35     May 28, 2012
  6. Thanks. In The US we call it a decanter; a glass bottle that allows the wine to get air so that it can breathe. Similar to a caraffe.

Will keep an eye out for this wine. Thanks again.

#36     May 28, 2012
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Check out the comments section at the bottom of this page.

http://www.whisky.com/brands/johnnie_walker_brand.html?comments_page=2

Sam
    Posted 480 days ago
    "I am sure that I saw a Bottle of Johnnie Walker Purple Label in Dubai Airport. I was priced at $1499. Puple Label is not advertised on the web site. Can you please confirm that I am correct in thinking there is a Purple Label."

Either they are trying to keep it a secret, or they just stopped making it. But it exists. A buddy of mine saw a bottle for 750 at the Mexican border a few years ago. He thought of buying it to flip it because he knew it was under priced. Kind of a strange way to trade, if you ask me, but what the hell.

#37     May 28, 2012
  8. Dogfish...If you are lucky enough to ever see it in stores or restaurants.

#38     May 28, 2012
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

#39     May 28, 2012
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The first one on the left:

http://www.estournel.com/fr/les-vins/

Don't know if it is available in the US.

:)

#40     May 29, 2012