The best wine, champagne, beer or mixed drink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, May 24, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

If you like french wine, I recently came across one of the best( if not the best ) red wine I ever tasted. St Estephe Cos D'Estournel 2006. It's a Grand Cru from Bordeaux. 95 Euros.

#11     May 25, 2012
  2. TGregg

TGregg

That's interesting. I'm always drinking wine in those places, never even knew they had a house label bourbon. Thanks.

#12     May 25, 2012
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Stagg & Eagle stem from the same distillery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Trace_Distillery

Not sure about drinking whiskey made from where the buffalo crossed the stream. ;)

Apparently Eagle Rare was developed by Beam, but now it's made all over the place:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Rare

#13     May 25, 2012
  4. #14     May 25, 2012
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I bought some Woodford Reserve today. It's very nice and smooth but to me the Eagle Rare has more character and depth to it.

I'm smoking some beef brisket and a couple boston butts tomorrow, and I'll be using some of that Woodford for an apple-bourbon bbq sauce I'm whipping up. :)

#15     May 25, 2012
  6. TRS

TRS

Chimay Blue is a beautiful beer @ 9% alcohol.
    Friend of mine is trying to grow a culture and recreate it. I'd sooner just buy the stuff.

Value for money quality drinks:

Penfolds Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz 2009. Around US$30. Good year. Big gutsy shiraz.
    Cellaring, medium term, will bring out it's best.

Glenfiddich 12 yr old scotch. Around AUD$50. Over ice. Nice mellow honeyed flavours. Reliable drop.

Good day at the office and the sky's the limit...

#16     May 25, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

Vodka with Cola.

#17     May 26, 2012
  8. volente_00

volente_00

9. 2005 E. Guigal Chateauneuf Du Pape, $45 a bottle. Really elegant, great Southern Rhone Red Wine. And not too difficult to find, Guigal is a large producer.

#19     May 26, 2012
  10. Huge French wine fan myself...Did you have this bottle at a restaurant or at home? Did you have with food or just by itself?

#20     May 26, 2012