The best wine, champagne, beer or mixed drink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, May 24, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm always in the pursuit of finding a new drink to enjoy.

Post what your all-time favorite wine, champagne, beer, or mixed drink is. It could very well be something expensive, but it certainly doesn't have to be.

I drink quite a bit of red wine and I love full-bodied Napa Cabs and Merlots. My all-time favorite red wine for the money without fail is 2007 Turnbull Merlot. It's only about $25 per bottle, but it packs some serious flavor for that amount of money.

I recently started getting into Bourbon and ran across a brand called "Eagle Rare". Wow, what a damn good product that is. I was very impressed with it this past week. I'm sure there are other great ones out there so hook me up. :D

In terms of beer, I like "Three Philosophers" a lot, which is made by Ommegang Brewery out of New York. But if I had to pick my all time favorite, it would by Chimay Reserve (Blue Label). I must admit that my taste buds have really fallen off the cliff recently for beer, so help me re-kindle the flame by posting something truly worthwhile.

2. ignl

ignl

I like Grinbergen beer its pretty popular and well known in europe not sure about US. If you into something more exotic and stronger worlds best beers comes from Trappist monks :) For wine my favourite is italian primitivo wines if you like merlot you might like primitivo too.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The Chimay beer I mentioned liking above is a Trappist brew :D

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, due to a law suit by a Canadian brewery, it's not available in the eastern US.

5. I recently received a gift of a bottle of George T. Stagg Kentucky bourbon... straight from the barrel... uncut, unfiltered. Each bottle is individually proofed... around 141. Genuine "Kentucky sippin' whisky".

Special stuff!

6. TGregg

TGregg

Ever try Maker's Mark? Man, I love that stuff. On the discount side, I've always been a fan of Jim Beam.

7. Crispy

Crispy

Newcastle Brown Ale for the beer side.

http://newcastlebrown.com/

Baiting Hollow Vineyards "Mirage" red combination. I live 1 mile from this vineyard. They also donate a portion of the revenues to horse rescue. -

http://www.baitinghollowfarmvineyard.com/shop/index.php?cPath=56_63_65

Lychee Martinis. The lychee is an asian fruit, with the looks of cod sperm/pigs brains..lol..and the taste of heaven.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lychee-Martini-234689

Clearly im a drunk. But I wont even look at champagne..shivers...:eek: :D

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

If you like Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Buffalo Trace is good.

I've recently started drinking some Pinot noir and mostly Chianti.
    But with wines my pallet isn't discernible enough to tell a $70 bottle from a $7 dollar bottle.

9. Crispy

Crispy

Im a bourbon fan also. Woodford Reserve is nice.

Loving Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey lately also.

10. Makers Mark is excellent for a mid-priced bourbon. They are also the maker for many "house label" bourbons in up-scale restaurants.

George T. Stagg is a notch or two above Markers Mark.

#10     May 25, 2012