The Best Trading Software Is

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rickshaw Man, Sep 4, 2009.

1. I just began using Reuters a week ago and so far it's wonderful for real time news feeds, I believe the newsfeed service only is around 85 bucks per month and gives you real time news from Reuters as well as Dow Jones and others. I dont know the exact price because Im using the trial version for a month.

In addition the real time news feeds, I have a few pages set up that provide real time news based on keywords, for example, "JP Morgan Upgrades" or "Awarded Government Contract". This makes it easier to sort through news especially during the beginning of every hour where there are thousands of headlines released simultaneously.

Does anyone else "trade the news"? If so can you offer "keywords" or phrases which might be helpful in going long or shorting stocks using real time news feeds?

P.S. I tried out Briefing.com but it seemed like their news feed was not entirely real time, since the stocks were already on the move when they released the headlines.

#21     Sep 5, 2009
  2. Went to their web site (Reuters) - can't find QuoteCenter - Please send the link.

#22     Sep 14, 2009
  3. I've used quotecenter, and I agree that it is clunky. Customer support also sucked for me, enough so that I cancelled my service.

#23     Sep 14, 2009
  4. I couldn't agree with you more on their customer service, it really is bad, from their salespeople all the way to their tech support personnel. For every 5 people I speak with, one is actually friendly, not rushing me along, and willing to help. That said, their newsfeed product is excellent, would be better if their customer support was at least average, which is not.

#24     Sep 14, 2009
  5. Thanks for your help - found it!

"QuoteCenter is the new real-time software and data feed from Equis International (a wholly owned subsidiary of Reuters)"

#25     Sep 14, 2009