The Best Trading Software Is

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rickshaw Man, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Stock information.

#11     Sep 4, 2009
  2. Your right about the big company stuff. The content is there bread and butter. Can't you feed Metastock off quotecenter?

#12     Sep 4, 2009
  3. EPS- REV data for stocks

#13     Sep 4, 2009
  4. You know your right about the program not being updated. But the trade off it's rock solid.

Alot of programs are being updated every month or week and have big problems. I think OEC just did an update and I hear it was a disaster.

#15     Sep 4, 2009
  5. As I said, I think that's why they're keeping the program around, to feed MetaStock.
    Their customer service at Equis is good. But again, they don't seem interested in really expanding their customer base and haven't come out with an updated version in a while. Kind of makes you wonder what their plans are for the product. I hope they keep it going though. It's a good value.

#16     Sep 4, 2009
  6. I looked into Quote Center earlier this year its not unreasonably priced, the GUI looks a little clunky but I could get used to it.

#17     Sep 4, 2009
  7. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Is there a free trial available?

#18     Sep 4, 2009
  8. harkm

harkm

They don't have a free trial. I believe you have to pay for a month and they will give you a free month after that. I tried Quotecenter for about 3 months and it just didn't work for me. I used it with Metastock real time. Quotecenter is good for news but Athena(quotecenter's charting app) is cumbersome and the actual quote page isn't as intuitive as some other apps I have tried.

I did like the DDE links(feed data into Excel) but not really much more. I really just like Amibroker, Quotetracker, and IQfeed much better. To each his own I guess.

#19     Sep 4, 2009

9. Doesn't all piss look the same? What exactly is the difference between dog piss and any other?

#20     Sep 4, 2009