The Best Trading Proverbs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JTrades, May 29, 2014.

1. volente_00

volente_00

"The one defining characteristic of successful traders is their refusal to quit in the face of adversity"

"Being a successful trader also takes courage: the courage to try, the courage to fail, the courage to succeed, and the courage to keep on going when the going gets tough"

"The destination is what your determination makes it"

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"

"You can't win if you don't bet"

"Buy the low, sell the high, walk away at the top"

"Fear is not an option for successful traders."

"Contrarians never die. They just fade away."

"Trading is an obsession, passion, the best entertainment, a challenge, the most fascinating game humans ever invented, a science, an art, the way of living and thinking, the strongest desire you ever had, an intellectual and physical fitness exercise and much more. Look inside your soul. If you don't feel this way about trading then you should not be trading at all. However if some of that resonates with you then don't give up. Work hard, sweat, get frustrated, create, test, enjoy the triumphs and suffer losses, become a great trader and make as much money as you want!"

"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition”

"A winner is someone who recognizes his God given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."

"Let me tell you the trouble with trading. There is no career in trading. You are only as good as your last trade, and that is it. You build nothing; you just trade. The day you stop trading, it's gone. So what you have spent doing for X hours every working day of your life has ended, and there is nothing left to show for it, except for money. You have to keep trading because you don't want to stop and look back. Because what have you done? You have built nothing. You have achieved nothing."

"Hopefully one day you'll realize there are more important things in life than money, it's a means to an end is all, it's not the be-all and end-all of life"

#31     May 30, 2014
    Trader200K and Nobert like this.
  2. JTrades

JTrades

This one could go unnoticed. Is there a bit more to it?

#32     Jun 1, 2014
  3. Time is $'

Every missed trade that should have been taken is accompanied by an opportunity cost.

#33     Jun 1, 2014
  4. Brighton

Brighton

Rain makes grain. :p

If someone is interested in mucho mas, follow Jack Schwager on Twitter. He's been posting daily trading nuggets - I think he's up to No. 90 - which are sometimes interesting but they're also a creative promotion for his latest work - The Little Book of Market Wizards.

#34     Jun 1, 2014
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

This sums up why I left the industry. When I first joined the bank, people I sought advice from told this to me, but it took me 11 years to understand it... broker dinners, yelling on telephones, and bonus checks can easily blind you.

#35     Jun 1, 2014
    Nobert likes this.
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Trading is strictly pay for performance

RN

#36     Jun 1, 2014
  7. JTrades

JTrades

The best party to join is one where you have proof that everyone is happy

#37     Jun 2, 2014
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you don't know who the sucker in the room is, it's you.

#38     Jun 2, 2014
    ThunderThor and maxima120 like this.
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

If you think you know, you're probably wrong.
    If you do know, you're probably too late.

#39     Jun 2, 2014
  10. "judge her with your heart, not your eyes!"

#40     Jun 2, 2014