The best trading platform?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Helgo, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Yes, I use (also) Saxo Bank. A safe broker (bank). Good trading platform, but their spreads on the majors (4-5) are too expensive.

#21     Nov 27, 2003
  2. Hi,

someone knowing FxSolution ? Any oppinions about them ?

Ralf

#22     Nov 27, 2003
  3. Splat

Splat

u're right - my oversight about their other offices. I forgot about that fact. However I am still pretty skeptical about the data aspects I mentioned.

#23     Nov 27, 2003
  4. mmillar

mmillar

The reason the spreadbetting side of the business has 'dodgy' data in the UK is because of UK law. The only way they can call themselves a 'betting' company, with all the tax advantages that entails, is by taking market data, 'processing' it, and the giving it to the customer as a 'bet'. UK law requires that 'brokers' have to give their customers the 'best price'. The same laws do not apply to spreadbetters.

Dealing Forex with CMC is not spreadbetting. In fact 'betting' is illegal in most states in the US. I imagine the US have the same or similar 'best price' laws that apply to brokers in the UK.

I agree that if you are going to open an account with anyone you should ask as many questions as you can.

#24     Nov 27, 2003
  5. Yes, I know them. OK trading platform, but they are rather expensive (4-5 pips). And they don't have trailing stop or alerts/alarm. But good newsservice including Dow Jones.

#25     May 27, 2004
  6. Hm, there are banks that look much more trustworthy (see annual report) than your "recommendation".

www.cbfx.com

www.bankatcommerce.com/about/index.asp

#26     May 27, 2004