The best traders in ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GloriaBrown, Aug 9, 2013.

1. I only know acrary is one of the best traders in ET but I don't know others. May you share if you know anyone in ET who is that good?

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  2. Mav74 and Atticus were/are legit, there are a few others but some/most of the best have left. Wave was an incredibly intuitive trader, lots of people didn't understand his posts but I learned alot about market structure. If you read the es thread from like 2006-2009 there was some good content. Really this all depends on your style, the problem with this board is the monster amount of trolling so that any good thread at some point devolves into a pissing match, ie you are not a real trader, my penis is the biggest blah blah blah, in short et is like a male locker room......:p

3. I don't mind of they have left, I can just search their posts in the past, so please share their names if you remember.:D You have made over 5000 replied, that is impressive!:p

4. dbphoenix
    austinp
    no doji

read their posts, if you're into price action.

redneck, for psychology and the common sense needed to trade well.

5. so if you like a certain poster read thru their posts and you can pick up on their style, how they view the financial universe, in short quietly stalk them by reading their posts, then you can ask that poster a few questions and voila you are chatting with possibly a great trader. :)

6. ho yeah. So after you have almost 6000 replies, what kind of trading style do you use? I am more into trading system with stocks/futures now.

7. I am a trend follower.

8. I like what Ernest Chan had to say, notice that thread went ad hominem pretty quick. " Ernie Chan can't trade" I like his book, but the illusion is that a quant can't blow out or blow out his firm. The market maker model with the law of large numbers/imbedded edge is not inured to the Turkey problem (see Taleb who also can't trade) I have posted this article quote a few times. Reversion to the mean is usually in regards to pairs trading where you are waiting for some correlation to revert. How is that working out for bond funds right now? Hopefully you can get something out of this article, realize that most trading is electronic now so that you could think of this discussion as a talk between a market maker/ Baldwin and a pure prop/spec trader Peter Borish

http://turtletrader.com/borish-baldwin/

9. "Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There's no better rule."
    --Charles Dickens

the best trader on ET is the trader that can back that up with live trades. otherwise its' all fluff. Since no one does that, we are looking for the second-best traders.

Express a point & prove it with Evidence. Evidence is not that they write 3 paragraphs of what 'good trading is'.

Food for thought: backup claims with something articulate: X is a great trader because _____________ ____________ _______________ __________.

If not we have another lame thread. (Hey at least BMT got some more hits! lol)

#10     Aug 9, 2013