the BEST traders i know

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Who is talking about marginal winning traders? HOODy keeps posting this b.s. about these "great traders" who can't actually trade.

#21     Oct 9, 2008
  2. TRS

TRS

More concerned about what's going to happen post this decline. I've only traded for 10 years and haven't experienced a dull, listless market.

#22     Oct 9, 2008
  3. What the fuck are you talking about man? Every trader I know is have a field day. Don't blame the market conditions for your losses.

#23     Oct 9, 2008
  4. Brabed

Brabed

Here's a good example of why this is a good market for traders. I don't even trade the equities markets, I usually concentrate on Forex. I don't have a system for equities, going on gut feel here.

I'm up 500% since last week at this time, like candy from a baby.

True story.

Brabed

#24     Oct 9, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

he might be reffering to stock trader...:D

on a side note.,....he did say the best traders he knows. I dont even know one trader outside of ET...

#25     Oct 9, 2008
  6. Sitting out does not say anything if you're a good or bad trader. Some traders do not trade anymore because they have lost a lot - blown up. Many funds are facing redemptions regardless of performance, scared clients, these had gone to cash, others are just too scared they do not feel this is a "safe" or "normal" market.

I think that the only valid reason to stay out, is if the system does not work in ultra high vol markets or unable to hedge overnight risk or their markets became illiquid.

Not safe? Not normal? Too scary? These guys are not traders. They might as well quit trading.

#26     Oct 9, 2008
  7. <i>"The best traders you know suck at trading. The best traders I know make $100-500k/day in this environment without blinking.

If you can't make money in this market then you may want to reconsider trading as a profession."</i>

Partially true. Skilled, experienced traders can make money in just about any conditions. Hyper-volatility here makes for extreme equity swings. A lot of big traders have their all-time best day and all-time worst day back to back right now. If swinging for the fences, gotta live thru some strikeouts.

For the average or fledgling traders, depending on stocks or futures, this stuff can be brutal. For those who cannot make money in this market, you may want to consider idling back and learning thru observation. Stock markets may keep this up for a little while, but it's way outside the bell curve of normal.

There is no shame in having lack of skill. The only requirement for skill is lots of saddle time at the screens. Makes all the difference right now.

#27     Oct 9, 2008
  8. I personally know two people that make a very comfortable living at this trading thing. Neither of them have ever heard of ET. Must be a correlation there somewhere. :p

#28     Oct 9, 2008
  9. To trade in this volatile condition one also need enough capital to withstand the swing.

When ES has 1 minute bar at 10 point range every other minute, I don't think too many traders can stand this kind of volatility.

#29     Oct 9, 2008
  10. dsq

dsq

care to name names?...will they be in traders monthly or the next market wizards?this just sounds a little wack.

#30     Oct 9, 2008