the BEST traders i know

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Oct 9, 2008.

1. d08

d08

Some flourish in high volatility, others in low volatility.
    This is sort of like arguing "red cars are best" - "no, blue cars are better".
    It all comes down to the type of strategy being used, daytraders should be considered as trading systems (in that they apply certain methodology consistently) - some should be sitting on their hands, others shouldn't.

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. d08

d08

I hope new traders don't listen to this BS. Seriously, how narrow-minded can you be?

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. moarla

moarla

maby you need a better trading system...hmmm ... ican trade in all circumstances, slow, fast, options, shares, futures, no matter what, big moves, small moves...
    hmmm.

and i trade every day

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. d08

d08

Just out of curiosity, for how long have you been trading?

#14     Oct 9, 2008
  5. moarla

moarla

since 2004

#15     Oct 9, 2008
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

All my patterns work in this enviroment, I only had to adjust the stop loss...

#16     Oct 9, 2008
  7. :D

#17     Oct 9, 2008
  8. I have no idea "who" the TRADERS that you "know" are, but the fact of the matter is that people that specialize in trading one specific sector, day-in and day-out . . . such as the Oil Service issues (OIH) are cleaning-up.

#18     Oct 9, 2008
  9. Dustin

Dustin

The best traders you know suck at trading. The best traders I know make $100-500k/day in this environment without blinking.

If you can't make money in this market then you may want to reconsider trading as a profession.

#19     Oct 9, 2008
  10. Daal

Daal

yes and Roger Federer plays better in grand slam finals, so fucking what?
    this is just common sense, in times of high volatility and noise, discipline and risk management became more important so the marginal winning trader start to lose

#20     Oct 9, 2008