the best subject of all: TIME

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Jan 13, 2003.

1. #21     Jan 14, 2003
  2. #22     Jan 14, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

#24     Jan 14, 2003
  4. Sorry but LOL...

I didn't know about Lorenz and CPT Symmetry...

One thing that popped into my head while reading it was if Gann freaks got hold of this information, they'll use this in their marketing...

"If Gann freaks got hold of this information"

... LOL... Oddiott and MM stuff just doesn't get out of my head... They're like terrorists of Gann traders.... Murrey's like the Osama of Gann Analysis... :D :D :D

#25     Jan 14, 2003
  5. ***************************************************
    SCIENCE RULES, RELIGION SUCKS!
    the clock and religion are the ultimate system of enslaving mankind
    Could it be that the Jews were actually right about time all along?

In the late 70's Hawking and Penrose took the equations of Relativity and ran them back to time = 0 and discovered that time and space were both created at the precise instant of the Big Bang.

For several years Hawking billed himself as "the man who discovered time". But it soon dawned on him the theological implications of his own discovery: if all matter and time were created at the dawn of time, the there must be a First Cause.

He, and scores of other scientists ever since, have scrambled to undo this discovery. You now find that every non-theistic argument centers around the pre-Gravity area (10 -34 seconds and earlier) because that is the most unprovable corner of our cosmological history.

#26     Jan 14, 2003
  6. stu

stu

ShoeshineBoy,
    I think your remarks are erroneous." Scores of other scientists scrambling to undo his [Hawking] discovery" I don't think so.
    It's the case that...
    quantum electrodynamics reveals that an electron, positron, and photon occasionally emerge spontaneously in a perfect vacuum. When this happens, the three particles exist for a brief time, and then annihilate each other, leaving no trace behind. A particle produced by a vacuum fluctuation has no cause. Since vacuum fluctuations are commonplace, god cannot be the only thing that is uncaused.

First Cause? Think again. Theists are running out of places to hide their God. Apparently the only domain left for them is in the dimension they now describe as the time before the Big Bang. Unfortunately for them, there is diminishing room for him there, as science inexorably discovers more. It’s indeed a sorry state that god can only exist in “ the most unprovable corner of our cosmological history”

Apologies Gordon, :) I understood where you were coming from I got a little carried away with my ramblings possibly a side effect of being unfettered by the constraints of religious limitation. I think you would be traveling or (moving) into the future, as you would not witness the passing of Earth time during your travel, you would arrive into the future each time, as it were. I get the point that you would see the slowing of time from your own relative view, however I assumed you would be aware of the time in years which had passed, to your minutes or seconds and therefore visiting your future. But yes great idea, where do I sign up where can a guy get a ticket ?

I think time exists where events exist.
    My rather simplistic and ignorant view is contained in this . When for example a star explodes, the light from that event creates time. Time becomes observable by the delay from the event to the observance or reflection. Who ever is waiting for that light to arrive or whatever exists for that light to reflect off makes possible the observance or effect of time.The very event of the existence of light and the fact that it travels through space creates time. Where there is nothing or no one to observe the event, still the consequence of such an explosion is the creation of light - its delay in travel and arrival - and the result is creation of time. The distance from the beginning of anything to the real or imaginable end and any stage in between contains the phenomenon of time, not unlike like phenomenon of light itself or the phenomenon of gravity and is explained by relativity.

#27     Jan 14, 2003

7. gann,

that is the funniest thing i have ever seen on ET !! ROFLMA--the osama of gann analysis. LOL LOL LOL LOL.

i love it !!!!

#28     Jan 14, 2003
  8. #29     Jan 14, 2003

9. nice work, shoeshine boy. i just want to clarify that my statement " the clock and religion are the ultimate tools for enslaving mankind"-- the "religion" part of the statement hav nothing to do with my knowledge of a creator. so by saying religion enslaves mankind does not mean that i am an atheist--far from it, my friend.

best,

surfer

#30     Jan 14, 2003