the best subject of all: TIME

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Jan 13, 2003.

1. 777,

i KNOW you know the lyrics to this one " in the year 2121" remember ?? i may have the title wrong. if you know them, please post.

thanks

#11     Jan 13, 2003

2. Depends on how you define time, doesn't it?

Yes, the way that time is measured is a human invention---the intervals, the periods of measurement, but the passage of time, change over measurable periods is an immutable fact.

You might be interested to know, that in Vedic understand, time is actually a force, a power, not unlike gravity or other forces that physics deals with.....not a human invention at all, but one of the many powers required for the process of creation of the universe. From the Vedic perspective, there is a period when time ceases to be manifest, during a total dissolution period of the universe, and these forces go back into their purely unmanifested virtual state existing within God as latent and inactive powers, along with all the other forces that are necessary for the existence of the universe. Then, after dissolution, the process of creation begins again, and the cycle repeats like this eternally.

Here are just some of the definitions of time, of course they are human definitions:

A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.
    An interval separating two points on this continuum; a duration: a long time since the last war; passed the time reading.
    A number, as of years, days, or minutes, representing such an interval: ran the course in a time just under four minutes.
    A similar number representing a specific point on this continuum, reckoned in hours and minutes: checked her watch and recorded the time, 6:17 A.M.
    A system by which such intervals are measured or such numbers are reckoned: solar time.

An interval, especially a span of years, marked by similar events, conditions, or phenomena; an era. Often used in the plural: hard times; a time of troubles.
    times The present with respect to prevailing conditions and trends: You must change with the times.

#12     Jan 13, 2003
  3. Zager Evans

In The Year 2525

In the year 2525
    If man is still alive
    If woman can survive
    They may find

In the year 3535
    Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
    Everything you think, do, and say
    Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
    Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
    You won't find a thing chew
    Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
    Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
    Your legs got not nothing to do
    Some machine is doing that for you

In the year 6565
    Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
    You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
    From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
    If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
    Maybe he'll look around himself and say
    Guess it's time for the Judgement day

In the year 8510
    God is gonna shake his mighty head
    He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
    Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
    I'm kinda wondering if man is gonna be alive
    He's taken everything this old earth can give
    And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been 10,000 years
    Man has cried a billion tears
    For what he never knew
    Now man's reign is through
    But through the eternal night
    The twinkling of starlight
    So very far away
    Maybe it's only yesterday

In the year 2525
    If man is still alive
    If woman can survive
    They may find

In the year 3535
    Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
    Everything you think, do or say
    Is in the pill you took today ....(fading...)

Isn't it interesting that in this stanza:

In the year 6565
    Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
    You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
    From the bottom of a long glass tube

They had no idea when they wrote the song, that cloning would be less than 50 years away....

#13     Jan 13, 2003
  4. thank you, 777. for the lost lyrics and vedic time interpretation. excellent, thought provoking material.

surfer

#14     Jan 13, 2003
  5. That's interesting... I just read that they finally quantified gravity (graviton)'s speed to be moving at the speed of light. Don't ask me how but they did. I think they still have the news archived in Yahoo!

Here, also I found something interesting with that:

http://www.nature.com/nsu/030106/030106-6.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2639043.stm

OK... now there's the thing about higher dimension. Gravity travelling in higher dimension to travel faster than light. Higher dimension that maybe a large part of chance...

This is really crazy stuff... I couldn't have thought about all this 5 years ago... (I'd say 10 years ago but I'm too young to even know about science... LOL)

Higher Dimension is Time? Who knows... some day... there might be nothing uncertain in this world but our minds making mistakes....

#15     Jan 13, 2003
  6. I also just remember reading some Japanese Mah-jong Master Gambler saying, "Chance is Time"

He meant it in a different way but interesting stuff. He meant to say that you have to know the right time to take a risk. Knowing the risk is one thing but it's equally important to "SENSE" when to take it. Sounds like execution thoughts when trading....

#16     Jan 13, 2003
  7. #17     Jan 13, 2003
  8. LongShot! Nice link...

#18     Jan 14, 2003
  9. shoot 'shot, give us something we haven't seen ...

#19     Jan 14, 2003
  10. #20     Jan 14, 2003