the best response to "why should we hire you"

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OTCkrak, Jan 10, 2011.

1. you mention that you'r a daytrader and they either:

Laugh you outa the office as you'r looking for a job.

look at you with a blank face, tell you how they use to trade on etrade and never hire you.

Ask you why you spent the last X years in a business where you couldn't make money and then think you'r fucking stupid.

The will ask you 'What skills" did you aquire while trading the apply to the position.

Offer you a job in the Mail Room.

#41     Jan 11, 2011
  2. cdowis

cdowis

Doesn't matter.

You need to find out what this person will be doing, and fit the example to it. Focus on what you will bring to the company by specific examples of what you have done.

"Why should I hire you?"

Tell a story== "This was the problem and what I did to fix it".

#42     Jan 11, 2011
  3. Do you also use the alias, "brokenmarkets"? :confused: :eek: :D :( :mad: :p :) :cool:

#43     Jan 11, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed! The interview would end immediately with a smart answer like "I walk on water."

I wonder what it would be like working around someone arrogant enough to tell the boss @ first interview that "they walk on water?"

#44     Jan 11, 2011
  5. 1) If your name is Jesus H. Christ, it's a reasonable and proper statement to make. :D
    2) How do you really discern a "Paul Tudor Jones" from a "Joe Schmoe"? :confused:

#45     Jan 11, 2011
  6. Not by conventional interviewing or employee assessment traits. For example, Tudor Jones got *fired* by his main trader employer (Eli Tullis, a big cotton guy) for sleeping at his desk during the working day! Within 10 years, Jones was stinking rich and the best fund manager on the planet. Tullis in the space of 5 seconds cost himself hundreds of millions of dollars, more than he made in his entire business career, by that horrific blunder.

#46     Jan 11, 2011
  7. Visaria

Visaria

I would say it's possible that Tullis gave Tudor Jones the kick which spurred him to becoming stinking rich etc

#47     Jan 11, 2011
  8. My favorite.

When self emplyed, you have to answer this question with every prospective client whether they ask you directly or not.

#48     Jan 11, 2011
  9. Joe Schmoe's yahoo id is Paul Tudor Jones.:cool:

#49     Jan 11, 2011
  10. Because I am F@!#@ smart.

#50     Jan 11, 2011