the best response to "why should we hire you"

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OTCkrak, Jan 10, 2011.

1. I remember one interview I had, the intervewier had an eye patch on one of his eyes, and he kept removing it during the interview to shock me.

Then he popped the question "Why should I hire you?"

I showed him my wooden leg.

--------

J/k, it wasn't my leg and it really wasn't made of wood, it was just my "wood".

ps. you guys really made me break my new years resolution Of "not to get carried away."

#31     Jan 11, 2011
  2. vinc

vinc

my answer to the question ' why should we hire you ' would be:
    you should hire me as I perfectly understand what you expect from me and I can deliver!
    :)

#32     Jan 11, 2011
  3. Cmon, you have to be kidding. These kind of arrogant answers turn interviewers right off. It just reeks of insecurity, and smarmy salesman bullshit. George Soros himself could interview with me, and if he said some crappy Boiler Room line like that, I'd kick him out of the office.

#33     Jan 11, 2011
  4. In sales you want someone with confidence without being arrogant, fine line. In the past when someone has asked me, I would reply because I am proven winner and tie in my awards.

#34     Jan 11, 2011
  5. I.e. you'd use evidence to show you can perform well, and advertise that fact. The answers on this thread are not doing that, they are trying to get hired by using gimmick one-liners that demonstrate zero performance and extreme cockiness, a very undesirable combination.

#35     Jan 11, 2011
  6. Of course it was only a one liner. But I can honestly say I've been on both sides of the table (more on the interviewer side) many times and confidence does work.

That being said, it's usually of technical nature and I'm able to back it up.

Many of the most desirable candidates were the ones who blew me away with their knowledge, and the majority of the time they were extremely confident.

#36     Jan 11, 2011
  7. :D

i like this one.

now imagine an interviewer at a financial institution complaining to his superior today that for the last two days they have had an endless stream of applicants who lost their balls in the war. :)

#37     Jan 11, 2011
  8. cdowis

cdowis

Give the interviewer a specific example of a very profitable trade where you used good risk management.

"This is what I do day-in and day-out. I make profitable trades without blowing out the account. I can give other examples, if you want."

#38     Jan 11, 2011
  9. ... and i have two perfectly good testicles! :)

#39     Jan 11, 2011
  10. this thread.. is about (non-performance) based (jobs).. not applicable to trading positions :D

#40     Jan 11, 2011