The Best Ravenquote replacement?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jem, Jan 4, 2002.

1. oneway

oneway

Raven Quote, now Erlanger Quote will be an awsome package. I cant believe anyone would carp about 40 bucks a month when you you make hundreds if not thousands per day. Don't you?

2.50-3.00 ES points with four contracts will buy ya all the Charts & Chats you could hope for, and give ya data feed NASA would be jelous of.

I think if one is really serious about the game, the last thing they consider is the cost of their junk. When someone bitches about 40 bucks, there is something else going on.

Makes no sense.

SW
    Antares Equity
    LLC

#11     Jan 4, 2002
  2. oneway

oneway

Raven Quote board was always moderated. Go there now and read the posts. There are negative postings.

The RavenQuote board has had problems passing and posting messages for several days.

I changed my email and it screwed up the posting.

Go on over give em your two cents.

SW
    Antares Equity LLC

#12     Jan 4, 2002
  3. fleance

fleance

Well... for my own situation, I was just using Ravenquote for the improved charts and hotlist filters compared to QCharts.

I don't use alerts, scans, complicated studies, etc. I have four monitors with lots of charts grouped by sectors which I visually scan during the trading day..

I find it insulting that the new owner would double the monthly price on a piece of software, esp. after a bad transition. That is like a new landlord taking over a condo you moved out of, and telling you " Come back, we love you, and by the way, your rent will be doubled! "

But my main reason for not going back to Ravenquote is that I'm making just as much as before. I don't feel like I'm missing much except my chart layouts look crappier in QCharts / CyberTrader.

Fleance

#13     Jan 4, 2002
  4. Jaba122

Jaba122

Jem

There's a big difference between a scan done at the server (your quote feed provider) and your software. Your quote feed service can offer custom scans that work with all the stocks that are out there. Generally the scans done with your software are limited to a bunch of stocks you are receiveing (are subscribed to), not the whole universe of stocks.

Just my $0.02

#14     Jan 14, 2002