The Best Psychology book...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Crude Man, Feb 24, 2019.

1. is currently on sale on Amazon Kindle for $1.99

If you haven't read or own Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas you are missing out.

2. vin2018

vin2018

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

PennySnatch, Nobert and Grantx like this.
  4. Grantx

Grantx

He talks about immersing yourself in music to practice the concentration muscles. This is very true. You can also do this with audiobooks. At first, you will find your mind wandering but after a time you can focus on the content for long periods of time. I'm currently listening to the drunkard’s walk by Leonard Mlodinow. I highly recommend it.

Nobert likes this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

Sounds interesting to me, can you expand on that in your own words ?

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. %% Dr Van Tharp has some good books.
    Dont worry about bid/ask spread in fractions LOL. Back to my music/stock/ETFs charts.:cool::cool:

Nobert likes this.
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I used Van Tharp's books to keep door open, huge heavy yuk, never did me any good, found hypnosis to work for me, and used audio tapes on welcoming fear into my life, put headphones on before I went to bed. We all have different ways.

Someone once told me trading is like game of "Pong", anyone can play it when using big paddles, then the paddles got much smaller, down to very small pea, the ball was bigger than the paddle, whoa, had to really practice to get the hang of it, you need very good technique, play against weaker opponents as you should know how they play/weaknesses, know the answer before the question "Grasshopper".

Nobert likes this.
  8. Grantx

Grantx

Not sure I can get it any simpler than what I said above.

Books. Have ever read a book and found yourself going back and re-reading passages? You are seeing words and your eyes are going back and forth across a page but your mind is thinking something else completely.
    Music. You can listen to your favourite MP3 list but not hear any of the complexity of the music. Its just background noise for whatever fantasy is playing in your mind.
    Food. Ever sat watching tv whilst eating dinner and not actually tasted any of it?
    Attention. Ever driven from A to B and can't remember a thing about the journey?
    Trading. You don't see what is really happening on the charts because your mind is focused on a bias. So you trade poorly and later wonder why you didn't see the obvious.

This is all duality. You are doing one thing but experiencing something completely different. That is what meditation is for. Its a technique to help get you back to your singularity. But it takes practice and a good technique is what he describes in that video. Work on your focus muscles.

9. Nobert

Nobert

Thanks Grant, well written, things that you mention, happens all the time, specially with books.

As for biases in trading, one of those, multiple , weird, alien type indicators, serves this purpose ,, well ", and some of those newbies, never gets out of those ,,dark pools" of indicators.

I went through that stage myself, the screen was so full of them, hardly could see price action.

There has to be multilple biase that i must be still unawere of, exciting to find them out & deal with it.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Grantx likes this.
  10. Walva

Walva

"The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales" by Oliver Sacks

#10     Feb 26, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.