The best president.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AKHENATON, Jan 30, 2008.

1. #21     Jan 31, 2008
  2. IIRC gasoline was 1.20 a gal when Clinton was in office,at one point it was below 1.00

Clinton didnt go to war over wmds

#22     Jan 31, 2008
  3. There would have been no vietnam war if Kennedy had lived

#23     Jan 31, 2008
  4. Best-Washington,Lincoln,Kennedy,FDR

Worse-Bush #2

#24     Jan 31, 2008
  5. piezoe

piezoe

How quickly we forget.

#25     Jan 31, 2008
  6. #26     Jan 31, 2008
  7. After seeing how far Kennedy went to prevent us from going to war against Cuba and Russia,you really believe he would have went to war with Vietnam ?

#27     Jan 31, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

First Kennedy attacks Cuba (bay of pigs) ,actually he chickens out halfway into the battle and sacrifices the lives of the CIA trained rebel force.

Then Russia puts missiles in Cuba and makes Kennedy agree to never attack Cuba forever. Gee, you think this weakness might have given North Korea and Iran and all other dictators the idea they can bribe the US into trading missiles for uncompromising dictatorial power.

Nice job Kennedy!

#28     Jan 31, 2008
  9. There are millions of people who think Bush is a terrible president. I doubt many think he is great. We've had a couple of bad presidents in my life time, Nixon and Carter and now Bush. He is right there with them and my guess is he will be rated worse than both of them, especially if the democrats have any balls (they don't) and legally go after him. Another fun thread would be the smartest presidents.
    And as far as all the JFK bashing. The man averted a military conflict with the USSR which could of easily escalated to a world war and maybe even a nuclear war. How much more do want from a president? Imagine where we'd be if GW was faced with the same decision. Listen to the tapes of JFK talking with the generals about the Cuban missile crises, he was very impressive and he made the right decision. The JFK tapes make an argument why the military brass shouldn't be in charge of policy making.

#29     Feb 1, 2008
  10. that's one of the main reason I wont vote for McCain in nov.

#30     Feb 1, 2008