The best platform for futures?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by elon, May 31, 2002.

1. Does the FFastTrade Remote Professional platform really run within an IE browser like it seems it does, or so the website indicates? If so, yuck.

#51     Jun 7, 2002
  2. Thanks Puffygums, I did not want to just come out and say it. Although a platform such as this will benefit traders that are not that active, it is not something that could be in a severely mission critical environment. IMHO

Have a great weekend guys!

Best,

Comp

#52     Jun 7, 2002
  3. Thanks Puffygums, I did not want to just come out and say it. Although a platform such as this will benefit traders that are not that active, it is not something that could be in a severely mission critical environment. IMHO

Have a great weekend guys!

Best,

Comp

Sorry for the typo...I meant to say could not be in a severely mission critical inviroment....

Cheers,

Comp

#53     Jun 7, 2002
  4. Hi comp, you might want to use the edit button (right lower corner). :)

#54     Jun 7, 2002
  5. elon

elon

Thanks matrix!!

I am trying to learn more about the different softwares, other than the ones we are using and i think that the responses here are the purest form of customer feedback.

and so far it seems like TT is the leader with a monthly connection fee and various commission rates.

#55     Jun 7, 2002
  6. are any of you guys trading any sizable lots in the e-minis? 50 or 100 or more? Are the fills still around a second, or do they take a bit longer? Any comments from any of the experienced e-mini trades is great appreciated.

#56     Jun 7, 2002
  7. elon

elon

dont trade myself but have clients who trade 20-100 lots and they are getting their fills almost as fast but sometimes with split fills or if doid not go thorugh the limit with partial fills, depends.

#57     Jun 7, 2002
  8. FFastTrade's Remote-Professional Application is Citrix-Based technology and runs on the Host servers that are located in the CME building. The application uses Metaframe technology and is very efficient but expensive for vendor. You do not need to have the browser up once it is connected. It is designed for speed and low CPU! If you want to learn about Citrix go to their website. If you want to see it work in a fast execution tool try the Ffasttrade Trainer, it's free. Ask an IT guy about it???

#58     Jun 7, 2002
  9. Currently the CME's matching engines are consistently turning trades around in less than a half second. They had a Technology User Group meeting the other day and they announced the results of their monitoring. The FIx 4.2 API (ILink) is the now the fastest. In a matter of months, all ISV will be on this API.

The rest is up to the Software Provider. I work at Ffasttrade and our audit logs are chowing total turnarounds in less than a half second. Best I have seen was .42 seconds.

Our Remote Pro Clients have been telling us that it is extremely fast.

I hope this helps! No sales Pitch!

#59     Jun 7, 2002
  10. DaveN

DaveN

riskless,

Thanks for the info. This is very useful. Can you tell me who clears your customers' trades?

Thanks!

#60     Jun 7, 2002