The best platform for futures?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by elon, May 31, 2002.

1. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

J-Trader(Patsystem) and the X-Trader(Trading Technologies)
    are two of the best

#21     Jun 3, 2002
  2. Where I am located, we have found that the traditional point to points work well but thier are to many hops. Ethernet connections are the way to go less hops and extremely fast, with burstable bandwidth on demand. The only problem is that these companies are dropping like flies, and they may shut down in the event that they are not purchased soon enough. One other thing is the availability is not as great as the traditional t-1's and it may be big bucks for them to build out to your location, but all in all this is where it is all going. IMHO

Cheers,

Comp

#22     Jun 4, 2002
  3. One thing that can help with latency (and its free) is go to dslreports.com/tools and run the tweak test. It will help you set your RWIN to a good setting.

I kept getting that >2 sec latency warning, but after I set the RWIN to a better setting my latency to servers in CA are between 70 and 200 ms (and I have a cheapo DSL service).

#23     Jun 4, 2002
  4. If you trade thru IB and only want to trade the E-mini SP and E-mini Naz100 as well as view real time quotes of the cash indexes...

what exchange(s) do you need to subscribe to?
    (i don't see CME listed in their Monthly Data fee area, only GLOBEX, is that what i want?)

Also, will Globex and/or CME show real time quotes on the corresponding cash indexes?

#24     Jun 4, 2002
  5. DblArrow

DblArrow

You get all globex for the 10 mini price.

No cash that I know of, as it is not tradeable.

#25     Jun 4, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

you can get the indices by subscribing to the CBOE. (SPX and NDX would be the cash symbols).

#26     Jun 4, 2002
  7. DblArrow

DblArrow

Thanks def, I didn't know that.

#27     Jun 4, 2002
  8. I am working with IB broker from some days (started in June 2002) .
    Execution are very slowly.

My Internet connection is very fast (ADSL) more then previous ISDN, obviously. But with my previous broker, orders were filled in half time vs IB and by ISDN !!!
    How is it possible?
    I work with MKT orders in both cases.

A very strange and mysterious problem.....and a very stressing situation on every order sent.

I hear every day about traders doing many transaction.
    How can they do it ?

#28     Jun 5, 2002
  9. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

10. Cheers,

Comp

#30     Jun 5, 2002