The best online trading news service?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by lojze, Feb 1, 2003.

1. virgin

virgin

And what about Reuters ?

#21     Feb 18, 2003
  2. cartm

cartm

So far 8 people have voted for "other". I was just wondering what other 8 sites are out there that were not included in the poll?.............Also, what happened to the flyonthewall, is this still around, use to be pretty good from what I remember...tia.

#22     Feb 18, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

I don't see the "headlines forum" on the left?

nitro :confused:

#23     Feb 27, 2003
  4. Bsulli

Bsulli

http://www.financialchat.com/Forums/index.asp#

Clarification, not on the far left.

There are two main sections in the center of the screen.

one is called Featured Forums and the next section down is called US Stock Forums.

Under the second one is two column's. The column on the left third choice down.

#Options Laid back forum geared towards TA and momentum trading. #InternetPlays Small cap and penny stock trading OTCBB, Pink Sheet etc welcome.

#IndexFutures This forum is for those that endevor to trade the futures markets. No nonsense forum for the serious and novice futures trader alike. #StockGappers Everyday a new stock is picked for a daily gapper with track record. Please visit our webpage for more details.

#Headlines Real time headlines from dozens of news service. NOTE: This forum is primarily a VIEW ONLY forum, but great for people lacking multiple real time news services. Aggregates news headlines from multiple web sources and posts them in real time with URLs.

#FEDSignal This Unique Automated Complex incorporates multilevel strategies based on the trusted fundamental and technical trading principles. That's the SYSTEM which uses the PUSH ideology and delivers Online Trading as soon as they occur.

#StockTA This is a MUST VISIT forum for people that practice and are interested in technical analysis. This forum is devoted to teaching and utilizing the fine art of stock technical analysis to optimize your stock trades. the accompanying website provides dynamic TA snapshots for any stock thats understandable by expert and novice alike.

#Geniusity The Geniusity Quantitative Trading System posts 3 trades each day 15 minutes before the market opens. Their on-line trading systems trade the stocks live in a java streamer. Traders simply follow their Trading Streamer and reap the returns. Free service to all.

#IRD.com Primarily for www.ird.com members using the ir Dynamics trading platform. It is for the live discussion of trades and trading techniques. #VectorVest This room is open to all VV users to come and discuss upcoming market moves and stratagy.

#StockTA Stock Technical analysis is a forum devoted to teaching and utilizing the fine art of stock technical analysis to optimize your stock trades. #GreenTrader Specializing in OTCBB, with instruction on technical analysis and trading education.
    #DynamicBear Geared towards the dissection of stock/options based on fundamentals, TA, & News.. Not for the timid or bullish.

#FundManger New forum geared to no nonsense talk about position trades...geared for professionals and money mangers.

#TradingTheStockMarket Trading for the Serious Day & Swing Trader. Join our live forum supporting www.TradingTheStockMarket.Com to get free daily stock picks and calls that are designed to be educational as well as profitable.

#Trading101 A free forum for learning the basics of trading and investing, helping new traders build a solid foundation for a successful trading future. Hosted by veteran daytraders.

#PennyTrader Penny Stock Forum - for Discussing and trading penny and small cap stocks. Great community for the Self Directed Investor. Visit our website CashcowMag.com for Featured profiles, free Newsletter, Quotes,

Good luck and good trading.

Bsulli

#24     Feb 28, 2003
  5. The best I have found next to bloomberg is something called Wallstreet Source or First Stop Pro. I referenced it here the other day. I don't think many daytraders use it because it costs about as much as a realtick license for a month but it clobbers briefing.com by a factor of 20 to 1. I don't currently use it as I am fortunate to have access to a bloomberg.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=209795#post209795

I have a subscription to flyonthewall as well that I used to run on my laptop but I don't look at it much. I think they have lowered the price to the point that they are cheaper than a regular DJ Newsfeed.

Everyone I know even those that have access to Bloomberg still look at Briefing.com as well, however it is very much the case that traders cover whatever they are in when Briefing.com reports it.

For example if you are short HD and Briefing says something like "HD under pressure on 3X normal volume on talk that same store sales are likely to be under pressure because of the snow last week". You would cover your short when Briefing.com posted the blurb.

The best bang for the buck right now as someone else posted the other day is Todd Harrison's Minyanivlle updates that he gives 5-6 times a day. That subscription paid for itself the first week.

#25     Feb 28, 2003
  6. Avalanche, give me a call and I'll hook you up with an ID to access the full 1StopPro- (212) 479-1466. My name is Francis Fernando. 1StipPro is a new product created by Wall Street Source and Dow jones...it's a neat site for traders to get lotsa trading ideas.

#26     Mar 4, 2003
  7. Give me a call and I'll hook you up with an ID to access the full 1StopPro- (212) 479-1466. My name is Francis Fernando. 1StipPro is a new product created by Wall Street Source and Dow jones...it's a neat site for traders to get lotsa trading ideas. Pumped up with Live News, First Call Calendars, Holdings, Upgrades/Downgrades, Insder Trading news, Support/Resistance, Market Guide, Charts, everything you need in 1STop shop.

#27     Mar 4, 2003
  8. Is wall street source a free service francis?

#28     Mar 4, 2003
  9. Tide31

Tide31

About to sign up for Esignal. Can't you get DJ and Reuters realtime for added fee? Was thinking about a Bloomberg because I know it very well, but its not $1200 its $1740.00 plus exchange and news feeds for the first terminal. $2000+ a month - this guy's a genious talking so many into paying that, he should run for president. Oh yeah - he's the Mayor of NY. Anyway, can someone reply and tell me if Esignal's news feeds are ontime, worthwhile etc... Thanks.

#29     Mar 4, 2003
  10. Wall Street Source is not free. It is actually an Institutional level platform, used by professional traders. WSS is also launching a real time quote platform with full Integration of 1StopPro product (Dow Jones, Press Releases, WSS News, Hokdings, Rumors, Pre-Open Indications, Wall Street Journal, Barrons, Calendar of Events, etc). Let me know if you want to take a look at it , (francis@wssource.com)

#30     Mar 5, 2003