The best money making trade on ET in 2003

Discussion in 'Trading' started by James Stock, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Surf, you are just a monster.

I meant to play that and buy like a million shares and I was too damn lazy.

You are my hero. What are you up, like 1000%?

#21     Dec 31, 2003

2. "the guys rambo, man, rambo. drives a porsche turbo-80k, he's rambo "

LOL ! remember that line from wallstreet ??

seriously, thanks p2. nice to hear from you. yeah, it was / is an incredible trade. added heavily again at 2.25. you going to the expo in NYC ? would like to meet.

happy new year,

surfer

#22     Dec 31, 2003
  3. Congratulations again, marketsurfer. I believed ElCubano when he mentioned you liked it earlier this year, but couldn't get to the page due to laziness.

I was referring to the best short term trade, though. ET'ers have short attention spans, and like to make $ quickly. So my time frame was about a week. Hence, your recent call of siri @ 2.25 fit as short term.

The bottom line is, each person knows for themselves how well they did/are doing. If you are happy with your own performance, that's all that counts. ET is just a message board to trade ideas and have fun. What really matters in the stock market is your own personal performance and your own satisfaction with it. If you are happy with your record, that's all that counts.

Happy new year, and bye bye.

#23     Dec 31, 2003

4. thank you, and happy new year !

best,

surfer :)

#24     Dec 31, 2003
  5. Not sure. I was unimpressed with Vegas expo. It was fun to meet traders, but the exhibit was subpar.

We'll see, definite maybe.

#25     Dec 31, 2003

6. ok, cool. yeah, i have not attended since 2002. hopefully you can make it.

surfer :)

#26     Dec 31, 2003
  7. Can you post link ?

#27     Jan 2, 2004
  8. Surf- When is the NY shindig? I haven't seen my folks on long island in a while.

#28     Jan 3, 2004

9. hi,

i'll be there sunday and monday for the expo. should be really cool !

surfer:)

#29     Jan 3, 2004
  10. I can do that in any given afternoon on a trade so whats the big deal you buy 2 cons at 1100 ($1000 margin) and sell them at 1110 +10 points = $1000 theres your 100% return. BIG DEAL.

Now go make some real money..... hehe

#30     Jan 3, 2004