The best money making trade on ET in 2003

Discussion in 'Trading' started by James Stock, Dec 31, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

if you are still holding from his intial entry you would have the best call by far this year.....page 162 of Surf Report...peace....

#11     Dec 31, 2003
  2. Nice call, JS....but I may have you beat.

I will check with my partner, as he handles all our options trades..

but we had Nov 65 puts on NTES that if I can recall we paid about 4.50? for and sold at 19.

Happy New Year, and good trading in 2004,
    David

#12     Dec 31, 2003
  3. James Stock was NOT going long 1075 CALLS; he was simply covering naked calls that were moving higher in quite dramatic fashion.

Therefore, this current Little Boy Blue that can't go one day without seeking attention on ET did not make any money on being LONG 1075 CALLS. In fact, he was lucky if he was able to breakeven covering these naked calls.

If anyone doubts my claim, simply check out his earlier posts in mid-December such as the one below:

James Stock

12-10-03 10:49 PM
    I guess this only has value to me
    but I now strongly believe that there is a top in on the S&P that will last to 12/19. To me, this is crucial information on which you can make alot of money if you act properly on it.

And His Supposed Final Post Before Leaving On Vacation:

In the interest of full disclosure, I washed (broke even) on my 1075 calls, as I covered today at $5. But its better to wash, than get hosed.

Merry X-mas and happy holidays to all. I'm taking an early vacation. Bye.

:D

#13     Dec 31, 2003
  4. From James Stock:

But 174% gain in a week is the easy winner. That's a SPECIFIC trade I am on the record doing. How bout that?

Yeah, right buddy.
    You tell everyone on 12/11 that you are covering your Dec. 1075 calls that you had been SHORT and leaving for Xmas Vacation, only to now come back on 12/31 and tell everyone that you were LONG those calls and made 174%!

Keep lying.
    We wouldn't want you to change James.
    You're the BEST!

:D

#15     Dec 31, 2003
  5. Fair enough. I lost about $70,000 on that one. But you cant win on all, and I won on almost everything else this year besides SMH

#16     Dec 31, 2003
  6. you lost on those SMH puts? I made $..but only had a few of them.

BTW , thanks for replying to my PM about the phys. gold. Not. You would think one Long Islander to another..I'd at least get a reply.
    No hard feelings.

Happy New Year to everyone!

#17     Dec 31, 2003
  7. I don't know what happened to that PM. It isn't in my box. Sorry.

I got my gold finally from Kitco last week. Got 4 krugs and a 1 oz bar. I am gonna buy like 10 more oz in physical some time in the next few weeks when gold dips. After that, I intend to buy some gold futs so I can speculate. I just needed a little on hand in case I had to run.

Happy new years folks.

#18     Dec 31, 2003

8. Where in Blue Hell did you see me say I was LONG calls??? You really need to take your lithium and prozac, and read what I said again.

I'm only taking credit for the one trade I told ET about in real-time, that I bought Dec 1075 calls @ 5 with a week to go.

They settled at 13.70.

How many real time trades have you given out on ET?

The flavor of this post is to show that I made a great trade in realtime here. If anyone else gave out a great trade BEFORE the fact on ET, like Marketsurfer, well then great! That's what this thread is about.

#19     Dec 31, 2003