The best hedge fund ever?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Mitsu 3000GT and Supra with ghetto-tail.

#51     Jul 8, 2007
  2. Renaissance would be my guess as tops overall--- not counting smaller niche type funds--- for example, a particular metals fund had stellar returns up untill feb of this year, but is now in drawdown, but up to that point, i believe would have been the top performer over last several years....

surf

#52     Jul 8, 2007
  3. thanks.

i gave too much credit earlier

surf

#53     Jul 8, 2007
  4. Looks like he could get some serious air with those wings. :D

[​IMG]

#54     Jul 8, 2007
  5. f*ck! just spit beer all over the keyboard.

lmfao

#55     Jul 8, 2007
  6. I have just been told about this thread. Considering that Trendinvestor is me, i guess it is best to respond.

We have just over 3000 paid subscribers and the figures that i quote are for my own accounts. If you read our site you see that i have 2 seperate systems in operation. We are not looking to manage any new money, I have enough of my own.we do take new subscription customers as it is a simple addition to a mailing list.

The Trendinvestor Mechanical System which is as it says purely mechanical and trades NASDAQ 100 Futures Contracts and the Trendinvestor Discretionary System which has run since 2005 and again trades NASDAQ 100 Futures Contracts.

We use 3 to 1 Margin, so with a $50,000 account we are looking to take a £150,000 position. We keep margin constant throughout the year, Only adjusting at the beggining of each year to take into consideration losses or gains.

We trade very infrequently, With the Mechanical system we went Long on 24/09/1994 we stayed LONG until 30/10/2000 When we went SHORT we covered this SHORT on 24/01/2003 and again went LONG we are still LONG.

I report our results to IASG primarily becuase i still like to see how are system compares against the others. Our claim has been on our website now for over 1 year. We are still awaiting a response.

For anybody from Elite Trader simply send us an email to offer@trendinvestor.info and we will give you a free years subscription. Fair? see for yourself how we do it.

Warren Buffett stated that he has yet to see a man who can beat the markets. Jesse Livermore said the same thing. WE ARE NOT ARROGANT ENOUGH TO TRY. We simply identify the dominant primary Trend jump onboard with limited margin and ride it out. At times it guarantees LARGE LOSSES but it also guarantees larger gains otherwise we could not have identified the Primary Trend in the first place. We focus on only 1 market the NASDAQ 100, its all you need.

#56     Jul 9, 2007
  7. appreciate the free offer. the issue for me is the 175 million claimed under management generating the returns listed. Is this your AUM ??

thank you,

surf

#57     Jul 9, 2007
  8. The nasdaq 100 pit-traded futures began trading in 1996... try 1999 for the e-mini.

#58     Jul 9, 2007
  9. This trendinvestor cat has apparently invented a time machine. Act quick and you can subscribe to his CTA signals via Paypal!

#59     Jul 9, 2007
  10. "We claim that our system has produced results over the last 12 years, that makes it without doubt the worlds No 1 investment system. if you know of any other Trader or System, Hedge Fund, Mutual Fund, Unit Trust, Investment Trust anywhere in the world that has recorded a greater average gain over the last 11 years please contact us, and we will immediately modify our claim. "

So if we find a system with a better return you will modify it to say World's #2 Investment System????

Is that supposed to make us believe you because you are willing to modify your claim lol.

If you had the world's best system please explain why you are selling it to subscribers?

#60     Jul 9, 2007